Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: hong nor hnt3 3ch radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default hong nor hnt3 3ch radio

If anybody can help me out in figuring out how I can use the 3rd auxiliary channel to run my rc4wd winch or run my lights with on and off.

I hooked up the lights in the 3rd channel port and just come on with the speed control and stay on regardless of turning the auxiliary switch off on the radio. And only will turn off you turn off the speed control.

And as for the winch. Pluged in to the 3rd channel port on the reciever, soon as I turn the esc on the winch automatically will start letting the cable out with the switch in the off position on the radio. And turn the auxiliary switch to the on position the winch will retract the cable and wont stop (turn off) untill the esc is turned off.

I would like to use either the lights with an on/off. Or the winch in a working order.

I'm not an expert on electronics. IV search on Google for info on how to use the 3ch on this radio but didn't see anything. So any useful info would be greatlty appreciated.
matt_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: hong nor hnt3 3ch radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_22 View Post
If anybody can help me out in figuring out how I can use the 3rd auxiliary channel to run my rc4wd winch or run my lights with on and off.

I hooked up the lights in the 3rd channel port and just come on with the speed control and stay on regardless of turning the auxiliary switch off on the radio. And only will turn off you turn off the speed control.

And as for the winch. Pluged in to the 3rd channel port on the reciever, soon as I turn the esc on the winch automatically will start letting the cable out with the switch in the off position on the radio. And turn the auxiliary switch to the on position the winch will retract the cable and wont stop (turn off) untill the esc is turned off.

I would like to use either the lights with an on/off. Or the winch in a working order.

I'm not an expert on electronics. IV search on Google for info on how to use the 3ch on this radio but didn't see anything. So any useful info would be greatlty appreciated.
as for lights dont know but for using your winch your 3rd channel needs to have a 3 position switch.
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You winch problem is probably due to the 2 position 3rd channel on that radio. If you have the RC4WD bulldog winch then it requires a 3 position 3rd channel to operate. You can make your radio work if you get one of Heyok's 2 position adapters:

HeyOK's RC Electronics items (all in one place)

But honestly I would just sell the radio and get yourself a hacked FS-GT3B or one with a 3 position 3rd channel.
forbid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I agree with ^

Also plugging lights into a channel with no controller makes it impossible to turn them on and off remotely. The reason they come on and go off with the ESC is because the ESC is powering the RX that powers the lights.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Dam I just bought this radio .. Hmmmm those remote light harness that Al has are nice might end up doing that
matt_22 is offline   Reply With Quote

hong nor hnt3 3ch radio - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3ch radio the dude Electronics 2 11-26-2009 08:44 PM
How to run more than 3ch with 3ch radio? redrocks Electronics 4 01-29-2009 01:50 AM
what is the best 3ch. radio rainman Electronics 3 09-27-2008 06:13 PM