RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Received My motors... Glorious HH 16T. Question (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/377936-received-my-motors-glorious-hh-16t-question.html)

Orph3o 04-12-2012 07:47 PM

Received My motors... Glorious HH 16T. Question

Hi there,

I just received a pair of Crawlmaster 16T from HH.

First of all, I can not stress enough how HH and John especially have been patient and helpful.
I am a total n00b, without any experience or "live/mentor" support around to jelp me. Not new to RC (I race 1/8th off road) but to crawling and electric, oh yeah...

So after spending days/weeks reading on this forum, I decided to start a build for an XR10, and settled on HH.
John helped me to choose the motor and was super helpfull throughout the process.

I received my motors today, and, as they are like "alien technology" to me, I spent most of the day emailing John for answers.
And he answered them all!

Now I feel I have bothered him enough and would like to have some help from the community before Mr Holmes hates my guts :D

Here is the question:
My "rear" motor (marked as rear) has a 6* timing mark, not the front.
I know (now) that 6* is a great place to be for most motors, however, I also read that for rear motors, it needed to be "Reversed" timing.
What intrigues me even more is that rear timing is read with the "Can" mark in the left side of the rightest mark (between the first and second mark) as suggested on HH blog.
to time it inverse, shouldn't it be with the center mark on the "right" of the rightest bell mark?

My best guess is the the engine is already reversed therefore increasing timing is in the right order, but who know...
Also, Is it normal to have rear and not front set at 6*?

Again, I am not writing here because of a lack of support, just and solely because I can't bother one man for this long :D I have to spread the pain!

Thanks for any answers, pointers or lessons!
I am an avid learner, and really looking forward to roll this thing!

Thomas,

Orph3o 04-12-2012 08:58 PM

Re: Received My motors... Glorious HH 16T. Question

Just got a talk with 2500hdon37s, and it's all fixed :D I can not "not get an answer" from them.:-o

Cordwood 04-13-2012 04:51 AM

What needed to be fixed?

alexchen86 04-13-2012 05:26 AM

Yup can't stress the customer care of John. Definitely one great man who not only produces great motors but will also help people picking the right motor for the right application! Also since I broke my arm in half on a HH 10T puller I only used for maybe 4-5 1000mah 4s packs and he was out of them he actually is going to rewind new arms for me!! Great guy. Definitely will continue to buy from him.

Orph3o 04-13-2012 06:57 AM

Just advancing timing no the front motor (6* like the back).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cordwood (Post 3681984)
What needed to be fixed?

Cordwood 04-13-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orph3o (Post 3682068)
Just advancing timing no the front motor (6* like the back).

Ahh, no big deal. Easy fix.

I think there is a "matched motor" choice you have to pick when ordering. That clues him in that they're for an MOA so you get them with one in reverse direction and both equally timed.