Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual sidewinder help needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dual sidewinder help needed

Hey guys,
just ordered my Sidewinder micros for my XR,but i'm not sure how to hook them up!!
Also going to use the novak dig.

Can someone help me out please??

Thanks
minicrawler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Dual sidewinder help needed

Well, first off, what radio do you plan to use? If you have a 3 or 4 channel radio that's capable then the two ESC's are good and you may not need the Novak dig. Some 3 channel radios still need the Novak Dig though.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I don't think its capable,i'm using a DX3C.and i don't have funds to buy another one,so this one will have to do the job i guess.
minicrawler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If your running a dig unit, then you will just need one sidewinder micro. I would recommend getting a 4pl so you can run dual esc with mixing.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

well the dx3c is NOT capable of dual esc mixing. so if your going to use this radio then you only need one esc and a dig unit. pay close attention with that sidewinder micro as they are not designed to run dual 540 motors so heat may be an issue. they have a tendancy to get hot quick when in binds. that said, if you went with a different radio system you could run dual esc's and have the best of both worlds. the futaba 4pl is a great radio, but if you wanted to go cheaper you could get a hacked flysky gt3b from overkillrc.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
If your running a dig unit, then you will just need one sidewinder micro. I would recommend getting a 4pl so you can run dual esc with mixing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
well the dx3c is NOT capable of dual esc mixing. so if your going to use this radio then you only need one esc and a dig unit. pay close attention with that sidewinder micro as they are not designed to run dual 540 motors so heat may be an issue. they have a tendancy to get hot quick when in binds. that said, if you went with a different radio system you could run dual esc's and have the best of both worlds. the futaba 4pl is a great radio, but if you wanted to go cheaper you could get a hacked flysky gt3b from overkillrc.
Misinformation at its finest.

Here is the link to "The Dig" instructions, it should answer all of your questions on how to get it going:
http://www.teamnovak.com/download/in...he_dig-web.zip

As far as wiring them for power just wire both up to a battery connector and you are good. Wire the ESC's to your motors just like normal also.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

i stand corrected. now personally i see no reason to run dual esc's and a dig unit like that. a single esc and a dig unit like a punk dig does the same thing. if your gonna spend the time and money to run dual esc's why not get a radio system that will allow the porportional control? isn't that the main reason to go dual esc anyway.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
i stand corrected. now personally i see no reason to run dual esc's and a dig unit like that. a single esc and a dig unit like a punk dig does the same thing. if your gonna spend the time and money to run dual esc's why not get a radio system that will allow the porportional control? isn't that the main reason to go dual esc anyway.
I dont disagree with you on that one, I would either run an electronic dig with a single ESC or Duals with either a wantamix or a radio that would mix it (4pl and hacked gt3b). I guess the only real benefit is that you can tune your front and rear ESC with different settings, I like to run a little more drag in the rear but other than that there is no real difference.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote

Dual sidewinder help needed - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CC Sidewinder Wiring FOR dual motor BansheeManiac Newbie General 3 02-15-2010 04:18 PM
dual micro sidewinder with a berg landon4 Electronics 1 01-26-2010 07:13 AM
dual motor sidewinder... pitass Electronics 5 09-07-2009 05:40 AM
Dual 3s Lipo/Dual Sidwinders/Dual 4400KV Inrunners Setup Help Needed. TheHeadHunter Electronics 16 08-17-2008 05:21 AM
Dual Sidewinder Programming Problem JeremyH Tamiya Clod Buster 8 04-15-2008 08:11 AM