RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Tekin Fxr getting hot. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/383212-tekin-fxr-getting-hot.html)

rockcrawlerdude 05-13-2012 03:01 AM

Tekin Fxr getting hot.

hey fella's, recently I finially put my LCC MOA together and first issue is that my Tekin fxrs are getting way to hot for my liking after only about 1-2 minutes. Its programmed to a 3s and that what i put in it and it was charged, secondly i have a continuous battery wire going to both esc's, Iv double check the wireing and its all there, also took out the power wire from the rear esc.

any input would be great "thumbsup"

if you need a diagram i can do that.

Jeremy

jvella 05-13-2012 04:54 AM

Re: Tekin Fxr getting hot.

How many turns is the motor

rockcrawlerdude 05-13-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvella (Post 3729548)
How many turns is the motor

Br00d 35t

AreCee 05-13-2012 08:04 AM

That's not unusual. The worm drives have a very high gear reduction which means that the motors are turning pretty fast and will generate heat, same goes for the ESC.

My LCC with BL had a RS Pro in it and it always ran hot to touch, not extremely hot but in the 110 to 120* range.

rockcrawlerdude 05-13-2012 03:03 PM

Yeah, does any one now if I shouldn't remove the power wires whe a BEC it not in stalled? Could this be my problem

AreCee 05-13-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcrawlerdude (Post 3730150)
yeah, does any one now if i shouldn't remove the power wires whe a bec it not in stalled? Could this be my problem

?? ?:?:

rockcrawlerdude 05-13-2012 03:41 PM

With the duel esc setup you need to take a power wire out, but I'm wondering that if I'm not running a BEC should I put it back in?

AreCee 05-13-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcrawlerdude (Post 3730198)
With the duel esc setup you need to take a power wire out, but I'm wondering that if I'm not running a BEC should I put it back in?

You said both are getting hot so that eliminates the BEC (internal) overload question since only one is powering the receiver and servo but both get hot.

I'm sure it has to do more with the amp draw to the motors pushing those worms than powering the receiver/servo. There is a LOT of resistance in those worm gears, just feel how warm the axle housings get after a run.

rockcrawlerdude 05-13-2012 04:18 PM

These motors were on a LCC MOA with duel esc's and they ran great. I will check the housing this arvo

AreCee 05-13-2012 06:59 PM

So what is it you're saying? That you got this from someone and installed your own ESCs or did it have the ESC in it when you got it and this is the first you noticed it getting hot.

You are very confusing.

Also it is highly recommended to use a BEC with a 3 cell lipo and FXRs.

rockcrawlerdude 05-13-2012 07:28 PM

Sorry I'm only 14, I installed the esc's yesterday and drove for a minute, after the minute drive I felt both esc's and they were both hot. I'm waiting on parts
To install a BEC, but when I install it it will be direct to the servo.

Thanks for the input.

Hi-Intentionz 05-13-2012 08:06 PM

Check ur gearing gear down that's causing it just my .02