Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: burnt out my novak rooster crawler today looking for some input on the novak eiger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default burnt out my novak rooster crawler today looking for some input on the novak eiger?

so i set up my 2.2 bully yesterday with all the elecronics in cluding dual rooster cralwer and i ran it for atleast 40 minutes so when i hooked it up today immediately one of the esc's starting burning out. so i called novak and they told me for $55 they could take the old one and replace it with the eiger esc they have so im wondering if anyone uses this esc and if it works for them. ive read some threads on here and seen some have burnt up. i want to get it replaced anyways since its burnt out im just looking to see some feedback on the eiger.
laxjj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #2

Default Re: burnt out my novak rooster crawler today looking for some input on the novak eige

i love my eiger. the first one burnt up after 8 hours of use. then they replaced it for free after i shipped it out. just got it back so idk.....still have to not be lazy and put it in.
GR1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: burnt out my novak rooster crawler today looking for some input on the novak eige

if you are on a budget i'd get a tekin fxr. my go to esc is the cc mmp. but im going to give the hh br-xl a try soon. all of the esc's listed are great. novak is a hit and miss. sometimes you'll have good luck and other times not. i havent had good luck with anything novak makes but their brushless motors.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm a fan of the Mamba micros. I'm running two in my XR10.
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I like cc also I have 2 cc mamba max's but they are big and I figured if I could get some brand new eigers for 55 a piece then I should try them instead of just having a burnt out esc. I may end up getting fxr's or mamba micros. My rooster crawler worked good for me for many years so I'm not sure if I want to trade in the one that still works or just trade in the one that is burnt out and give the eiger a shot.
laxjj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I ran dual CC Mamba Max ESC's (the older ones with the USB port) in my 2.2 Bully on 35T motors.
One died from old age.
I'm now running dual FX-R's, I have a Fubar Skeeter chassis. Space is a little better with the FX'R's.

They are not a bad ESC, smaller than the CC's. I don't like that you can't copy settings from one & load to the other like CC's can, I screen shoot the settings from one and manually do the 2nd for the Tekins.
Drag brake is not as good, not much control over throttle/brake curves either.
Yes, I have a Castle Link & Tekin HotWire.

I would likely either do dual CC Mamba Micro Pros (have a heat sink for faster motors) or dual CC Sidewinder Micros (real small, no heat sink but what I run in my 2.2 XR-10 with 35T motors).

I have a couple of dead Novak ESC's and was debating on trading in for an Eiger. If I do, I will likely get it & sell it off sticking to CC or Tekin.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eiger, novak, novak rooster crawler, rooster crawler

burnt out my novak rooster crawler today looking for some input on the novak eiger? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2-3S Brushed Motor ESC from Novak - The Eiger, and Eiger Pro. Charlie Electronics 32 08-05-2012 08:59 PM
Tekin Rebel 2/novak Rooster Crawler/novak Super Rooster? CHRIZAD Electronics 7 09-15-2008 07:22 PM
momba max vs. novak goat vs. novak rooster crawler punkafi888 Electronics 4 01-20-2008 02:05 AM