Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo low voltage...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Lipo low voltage...

I've got one battery probably only 6 total charges on it. went to charge it last night and my charger says "low voltage" and won't charge. Using iMax B6ac charger. Is there a way to save the battery? It won't charge it on any lipo setting, I've tried. Can I charge it on nimh or nicad for a few minutes just to try and get the voltage up?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Lipo low voltage...

use the nimh setting and charge it for a couple minutes. then charge it as you normally would on lipo setting. it shocks the battery and may work. ive had to do it a couple times
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Lipo low voltage...

On cheap lipo packs sometimes the cells do that....one will drop below LVC which is why I always set my cut off to be 3.3V/cell. That gives me just enough time when I head home to charge them back to Lipo Storage mode.

Charging lipos that have dropped below LVC briefly 1-2 min in NiMH mode is not unheard of. Just make sure before charging you have it in a fireproof sack or somewhere that won't catch on fire. I had a brand new Gens Ace lipo come with the first cell below 3.0V which didn't allow me to charge it in Lipo mode so I had to bump charge it in NiMH mode for about a minute and a half before I could balance charge in Lipo mode.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
use the nimh setting and charge it for a couple minutes. then charge it as you normally would on lipo setting. it shocks the battery and may work. ive had to do it a couple times
Exactly what I was thinking...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
On cheap lipo packs sometimes the cells do that....one will drop below LVC which is why I always set my cut off to be 3.3V/cell. That gives me just enough time when I head home to charge them back to Lipo Storage mode.

Charging lipos that have dropped below LVC briefly 1-2 min in NiMH mode is not unheard of. Just make sure before charging you have it in a fireproof sack or somewhere that won't catch on fire. I had a brand new Gens Ace lipo come with the first cell below 3.0V which didn't allow me to charge it in Lipo mode so I had to bump charge it in NiMH mode for about a minute and a half before I could balance charge in Lipo mode.
Thanks for the info. Will check where my lvc is set when I get home.

Lipo low voltage... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lipo low voltage alarm newtoy Electronics 4 10-03-2011 11:46 AM
lipo low voltage Jay2380 Electronics 11 06-03-2010 11:17 AM
Hyperion 606i low voltage after charging lipo JRocker Electronics 2 06-16-2009 08:54 PM
Removing low voltage shut-off circuit from LiPo ComingApart Electronics 11 11-08-2007 07:13 PM
lipo low voltage cutoffs?????? jetboat Electronics 1 03-02-2007 09:19 AM