Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anyone Using the New Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz 4 channel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #1

Default Anyone Using the New Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz 4 channel?

I picked this up for a temp set up until I can get the one I really want. Yes I could have saved the money and made my purchase of the stuff I really wanted but for the price I paid and the fact that I need this for my Rustler as well as my SC-10 and two other cars I have.

But right now I am having a hard time figuring it out and getting it to work they way it should with the three way switch on the top. I can not get it to center the rear steering its goes to the right when in the left and center and then right when switch to the right. No centering on it.

I have read the direction over and over again but I just lost in reading them and confused. I have a hard time with this stuff due to some head trauma I suffered form surgery. So can anyone dumb it up for me so I can figure this all out.

Thanks for any and all help.
Chris C.
cannaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #2

Default Re: Anyone Using the New Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz 4 channel?

No one at all. I guess I will keep experimenting with it.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like the switch is a 2 position switch, rather than a 3 position which is what will give you the left right center steering. I don't think there's a fix in the radio itself but wantasummit makes a switch to fix that I believe, although at that point you could save up a little more and go to a flysky radio.
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

reset it to factory settings in the setup tree. should be 6 different default modes,one may work. im running the TQho,mine dont have the 3 way switch tho.
sick86burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #5

I may have to do that rest the whole set up on it. I am going to get a hold of Traxxas and see what the say to do. It said on the box that it was a 3 way switch.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Are you still struggling with this? I can probably help. I run the TQi for my rear steering.
newth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #7

Still having issues with it. Sending you a PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just got done messing with my friends. The top switch is a three position however it is 2 pos in one direction and 1 pos in the other. If you move the three wires from the top switch to the 2 pos in the grip and the grip wires to the 3 pos on the top you will have a true three position switch on top. you will just have to remember that you are changing wich channel they are controlling. So the chan 3 radio switch is now controlling chan 4 on the reciever and the chan 4 radio switch will now be controlling chan 4 on the receiver.
rangair94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannaert View Post
Still having issues with it. Sending you a PM.
OK, 1st thing, your are going to have to dismantle the TX & break out the soldering iron. If that's a problem, go look for another TX.

Even in stock form there's a lot of confusion about how a 4 channel TX controls a 5 channel RX. Lets start with that.
Ch 1 - Steering wheel, same as normal
Ch 2 - Trigger controlledfor throttle, same as normal
Ch 3 - Red rocker switch, Ch 3 servo full left or full right only
Ch 4 - Toggle switch on top, Ch 4 servo full left or right only
Ch 5 - Toggle switch on top, Ch 5 servo full left or right only, BUT ONLY WHEN Ch 4 IS ACTIVE

The Ch 3 rocker switch can be easily modified to allow basic rear steering control. Traxxas have made TX capable of 3 stage operation for Ch 3, but have only wired it for 2 stage.
There are lots of ways to open it up to allow 3 stage switching.
The easiest, is to replace the red rocker switch with a on/off/on toggle switch (same as the one on top of TX). This switch will fasten quite nicely into the slot left by the red rocker switch. You can also do as described above & swap the wires over between the 2 switches, but remember you then loose proper control of Ch 4 & Ch 5. The final way I know of is a lot more work. The red rocker switch can actually be dismantled & modified to work as a on/off/on. Go to the Traxxas forums & search in the radios section for more details.

At this point, I went completely over the top, but was just messing to see what I could do.
You can also use Ch 4 & Ch 5 to give you even more control. I have a switch on Ch 4 which switches the input to to the rear steering servo between Ch 3 & Ch 1. This means I can use Ch 3 to operate the rear steering or have the rear steering working off of the Ch 1 steering wheel.
I also use Ch 5 to switch a servo reverser into the the feed for Ch 3. This means when Ch 4 & Ch 5 are active, the steering wheel turns both front & rear wheels the same way instead of opposite directions.

I hope that helps you. Just shout up if you need more help.
newth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:00 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Man I looked at this radio, but why make a radio that u can't use as a three or four channel straight out if the box if that's what your buying? That's irritating if u ask me, man should be able to use the device as advertised, guess I will look at another radio lol
Trail Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone Using the New Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz 4 channel? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turn your 2channel 2.4ghz traxxas into 3 or 4 channel! menace Electronics 15 01-25-2019 06:59 AM
traxxas tq 2.4ghz 4 channel Green Electronics 4 05-05-2010 08:08 PM
Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz 4-Channel mrcrawley Electronics 6 09-27-2009 09:51 PM