RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Motor stopped! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/387319-motor-stopped.html)

ah_5500 06-06-2012 04:24 PM

Motor stopped!

Here's my delimma. I got the faithful Venom Creeper out to run some trails and as soon as I started, it stopped. It has a Rooster ESC that's about 2 years old and a used HH 35 turn TorqueMaster Pro I bought from here that was fairly new. Also I run 2s lipos and it is a 2.2 rig.

The ESC will flash and light up as it should but nothing will happen. Usually I can give it a bump and it will take off. Sometimes it will stop on level ground but tends to do it more ofter when a load is applied such as a hill.

Thank you,
Aaron

jshull 06-06-2012 04:27 PM

Re: Holmes Hobbies is junk!

The springs that hold the brushes are weak! Take them out and tweak them. I have the same problem with my 70.00 motor. Kinda pisses me off...

CREEPERBOB 06-06-2012 04:28 PM

Why would you say Holmes hobbies is junk? Sounds like you bought something used (or maybe misused) so how can you blame a manufacturer?
Sounds like you either have worn out brushes or bent brush hoods.

alexchen86 06-06-2012 04:30 PM

That's kinda strange...my 35T TorqueMaster Pro in my Axial shafty rig is still fine after 2 seasons.

DickyT 06-06-2012 04:30 PM

Sounds like the motor could use a turn and some new brushes. That would certainly be my starting point.

Have you tried a different motor with the same esc or this motor with a different esc?

Probably not the best choice in thread titles either around these parts either.

richardgarrett56 06-06-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_5500 (Post 3766404)
Ok, I really don't think that at all but I knew it would grab attention. Here's my delimma. I got the faithful Venom Creeper out to run some trails and as soon as I started, it stopped. It has a Rooster ESC that's about 2 years old and a used HH 35 turn TorqueMaster Pro I bought from here that was fairly new. Also I run 2s lipos and it is a 2.2 rig.

The ESC will flash and light up as it should but nothing will happen. Usually I can give it a bump and it will take off. Sometimes it will stop on level ground but tends to do it more ofter when a load is applied such as a hill.

Thank you,
Aaron

no sir,your creeper and rooster are junk!!!:lmao:

frdtrkguy 06-06-2012 04:31 PM

Sounds like a hung brush. When is the last time you cleaned it?

Your thread title is retarted..

CREEPERBOB 06-06-2012 04:33 PM

Easy on the Creeper, focus on the driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardgarrett56 (Post 3766417)
no sir,your creeper and rooster are junk!!!:lmao:

Reflection 06-06-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_5500 (Post 3766404)
Ok, I really don't think that at all but I knew it would grab attention. Here's my delimma. I got the faithful Venom Creeper out to run some trails and as soon as I started, it stopped. It has a Rooster ESC that's about 2 years old and a used HH 35 turn TorqueMaster Pro I bought from here that was fairly new. Also I run 2s lipos and it is a 2.2 rig.

Thank you,
Aaron

Should we ask if it's got an external BEC in it?:ror: If it's happening like you say, years back before external BEC's, I've seen that happen....even when we were all running 6 cell stick packs.

new2it 06-06-2012 04:39 PM

Send it back to HH - he'll freshen it up for $10

sococrawler 06-06-2012 04:43 PM

Funny I have 2 hh 45's that ran through 3 sets of brushes and I mean through 3 all the way to the wire connection at the end of the brush !
I finally rebuilt em last jan and ya know what all I had to do was oil em n cut the comms and blow out the cans and I forgot how good my hh motors are !
So a little advice pull on the end of the wire goin to the brush see if it sticks ! If so add a little erl in there and see if that soles an issue !
To just come out n say holmes is junk is plain not thinking its blastefamy !Rant done sorry if anyone's feelings are hurt during this presentation ! :flipoff:

CREEPERBOB 06-06-2012 04:43 PM

Is that true :shock:, if so that's a helluva deal "thumbsup".

Quote:

Originally Posted by new2it (Post 3766437)
Send it back to HH - he'll freshen it up for $10

sococrawler 06-06-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 3766421)
Easy on the Creeper, focus on the driver.

:lmao: truth be told !"thumbsup"

hbj069 06-06-2012 04:51 PM

I am mad as hell too, my tekin that is only 4 years old and had the snot beat out of it running 2 35t motors on 3s and then 4s let the smoke out!!! Damn stuff just
dont last, :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Send it to John he will fix ya up for sure

DickyT 06-06-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 3766444)
Is that true :shock:, if so that's a helluva deal "thumbsup".

I'm sure it is in that ballpark. Brood has $10 motor rebuild service that includes comm turn, brushes, brush hood alignment, magnet zap, etc.

I would not imagine Mr. Holmes would price himself out of the market on that one.

new2it 06-06-2012 05:12 PM

HH $10 rebuild:
http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php?productid=427

jshull 06-06-2012 05:15 PM

My motor is brand new and messing up. I'm thinking maybe there not the best for scalers that run in mud an water.

johnnyh66 06-06-2012 05:16 PM

I love my used HH 14t pullers! They are holding up to severe punishment on 6s :twisted:

EddieO 06-06-2012 05:17 PM

It sounds like a hung brush, though it could be a shorted armature. A rebuild will more than likely fix the problem.....if the arm is shorted, a new armature will be needed.

My rebuild service is pretty much the same as the Holmes Hobbies service....we both do pretty much the same stuff to get the motor going good again for $10, as we both have the correct equipment to do this. There are a couple of other companies charging the same price for a lesser rebuild.....seems to be the normal for them though....

I can assure you though, as the main rival to Holmes Hobbies, his motors are not junk. They are well made and perform well, but like anything in this hobby, if you don't take care it correctly, it will fail within time.

Later EddieO

johnnyh66 06-06-2012 05:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshull (Post 3766494)
My motor is brand new and messing up. I'm thinking maybe there not the best for scalers that run in mud an water.

mud, water, hill climbs, binding rocks, sled pulls, 2nd gear speed runs in a 10lb rig "thumbsup"