Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: hand wound or machine wound

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #1

Default hand wound or machine wound

hello, I am looking to get a new motor for my axail scx 10 and have been looking at the holmes hobbies sport 35t motor because it is more in my price range, but am wondering how much difference there would be in the machine wound sport and say the torque master pro that is hand wound? the torque master pro is a little more then what i am wanting to spend right now, but after reading some of these post i am wondering if i should wait and save my money and go with a hand wound. I won't be doing any comp or anything but i still want a good performing rig and also wanting something that will last a while as i am on a limited budget at the time. would love to see a video of the difference between hand wound and machine wound on the same rig.
Chack100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Save your money for the hand wound. Totally worth it. I personally have never have used HH, but I know my hand wound Broods are awesome...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: hand wound or machine wound

The handwounds are definitely worth the money, but if you're running your rig thru water and mud, get the sport and adjust the timing up a bit for more snap. That way if your maintenance is lacking or you cook the motor its not as big a loss.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #4

Default Re: hand wound or machine wound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
The handwounds are definitely worth the money, but if you're running your rig thru water and mud, get the sport and adjust the timing up a bit for more snap. That way if your maintenance is lacking or you cook the motor its not as big a loss.

Just what i was wanting to hear. I think for me for the time being a sport is the best way for me to go. If i was doing comps then a hand wound is the way i would go.
Chack100 is offline   Reply With Quote

hand wound or machine wound - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultra cheap, mid level machine wound, or nicer hand wound, worth it? mdchris Axial XR10 7 12-02-2011 07:39 PM
Handwound vs machine wound ???? Bullitrockcrawl Electronics 2 02-08-2011 04:13 PM
Tekin 35t machine wound Q's. jgammill Electronics 11 02-05-2010 08:16 AM
hand wound? cspyy Newbie General 6 12-11-2007 09:46 PM
Hand Wound DrasticSports Electronics 3 01-28-2006 12:39 PM