Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anyone use a Radiopost TX and servo???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Anyone use a Radiopost TX and servo???

I cant seem to find any info on these radios in the crawler community. I know Nabil is using them, but I haven't heard back from him about it. I have seen a couple threads about them, but no info on how programmable they are for crawlers and if anyone has used em

Thinking(real hard) of retiring the React, and considering this radio. The servo also looks tempting for my XR.

Right now on my Nomadio, I have 1 button to turn off the rear motor, 1 to turn off the front motor, 1 to turn down the rear motor in steps of 5, and another to do the same to the front. I also like that the EPA's go out to 200 on my nomadio, AND that hey bind to DSM1 RX's

A while back I tried the Airtronics M11X, and didn't like the feel of it, or the programmability. The 4PK is alright, but I want seperate buttons for slowing down the front and rear motors. I hear this radio is like a 4pk, but want to know if it is as mixable or better.

One thing that is attractive about this radio, is that it looks to have up to 9 channels. Not that I ever use more than 3, but the option is cool. The screen is tits too. And lastly, I like how ugly it is

Any info is appreciated

TX
RADIOPOST Sync Differently

Servo
RADIOPOST Sync Differently
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone use a Radiopost TX and servo???

From my understanding, its software is very similar to the Futaba.

I can tell you, that Peter Robinson was one of the first sponsored by these guys. Peter used to work for me and now runs his own decal company.....while working for me, Peter won numerous national titles in touring car and 1/12th scale.

Peter took this thing to a few races and had nothing but issues with the receivers....he finally said screw it and bought a spektrum, and won snowbirds. To this day, they have still not sent him a useable receiver. Multiple other national level drivers ditched them too...

Airtronics does have a new m12 coming out, look it up....supposed to be very trick and have all the bells and whistles.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
RCC Addict

There was a thread on this radio and people complained about how similar it is to the 4pk. I've been considering this as will I think its cool.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Got Worms?

There was a thread awhile back about it, i don't have either but i guess it has nearly an identical menu as the 4pk so it probably have the same options.

So on your setup can you turn both the front and rear motor down at the same time? What would the purpose of that be? compared to where only one or the other can be turned down? and how do you turn it back up? I'm just wondering, as i think i can the gt3b/c todo this
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
From my understanding, its software is very similar to the Futaba.

I can tell you, that Peter Robinson was one of the first sponsored by these guys. Peter used to work for me and now runs his own decal company.....while working for me, Peter won numerous national titles in touring car and 1/12th scale.

Peter took this thing to a few races and had nothing but issues with the receivers....he finally said screw it and bought a spektrum, and won snowbirds. To this day, they have still not sent him a useable receiver. Multiple other national level drivers ditched them too...

Airtronics does have a new m12 coming out, look it up....supposed to be very trick and have all the bells and whistles.

Later EddieO
My buddies that still race had similar issues with the receivers. They all loved the screen and programming, but had multiple RX failures. I did think the radio was very comfy in the hand when I fondled it.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
There was a thread awhile back about it, i don't have either but i guess it has nearly an identical menu as the 4pk so it probably have the same options.

So on your setup can you turn both the front and rear motor down at the same time? What would the purpose of that be? compared to where only one or the other can be turned down? and how do you turn it back up? I'm just wondering, as i think i can the gt3b/c todo this
Yeah, I can turn them down at the same time or dig at the same time. No advantage, just what I am used to. I have a GTB3, and it's OK, but I dont really care for it that much. I like having separate buttons. Works better for my driving style
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
20K Club

The 4PK can have separate buttons to turn down each motor, there is just no advantage to it and it complicates he programming so I wouldn't ever suggest it to people.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The 4PK can have separate buttons to turn down each motor, there is just no advantage to it and it complicates he programming so I wouldn't ever suggest it to people.
I used to use it all the time and love it, still have my car setup with both motors adjustable.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
RCC Addict

So is there any new info on this radio? Anyone on here actually have one and not just hear say. I don't care that it's similar or an exact match of a 4PL or any of that. I just would like to know how people like them. I myself think they look badass.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

why the hell would you spend $469 on a radio and reciver?
theloudone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloudone View Post
First off what does it matter to you how I spend my money. Second off you can get one for $250.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Because that would make it cheaper than the best radio out there which is the Futaba 4pk/s.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Wow...really?

Nabil ran this radio for a while but has gone back to the 4PK. I DO know some particulars as to why but it's not my place to share em. I'll leave that to The Champion of Everything.

BUT...The operative words were...HE WENT BACK TO THE 4PK.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:58 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Wow...really?

Nabil ran this radio for a while but has gone back to the 4PK. I DO know some particulars as to why but it's not my place to share em. I'll leave that to The Champion of Everything.

Now that was helpful. Going by what I wrote earlier, that's the exact answer I was looking for.:thumbdown:
Old 09-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

From EddieO's post, near personal experience opinion. I don't know why anyone would be interested in this radio. Granted us crawlers aren't driving at a distance much farther than 20 feet. But think about it. Known rx failures? Not just one guy either. Now put your 2k rig down on course. Get to gate 9 on the ledge that drops for 30+ ft. And you have a radio issue?

Ha! I'll trust my Futaba products!
RockDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Wow...really?

I have personally witnessed Nabil having binding issues while using the Radio Post equipment. What I saw that day, I have never seen happen with other radio eqiupment. My friend that races 1/10th scale "go fast" vehicles on a weekly basis has also experienced binding issues and has recently had the flip screen fall of the transmitter and dangle by the wires
difflocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone use a Radiopost TX and servo??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radiopost TS 401 Coming soon. KBrog Electronics 36 03-31-2012 02:54 AM
Radiopost servo squish72 Electronics 8 02-11-2012 09:24 AM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM