Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: question on BEC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default question on BEC

Hey guys hooking up a bec for the first time and just want to make sure i have it right.

I'm running tekin fxr esc and hitec hs5645 servo and installing a castle 10 amp bec and use a futaba 4pl with R2104gf receivers.

I have hooked red to red and black to black on the deans end, now just making sure.. I unplug the red wire out of the plug on the esc that goes to the receiver and plug it in to normal #2 spot and servo in #1 is this correct?
and does it matter what channel i plug the bec into on the receiver?
and final question, I'm pretty sure but going to ask anyway, do i hook my bec to my castle link and put it @ 6v?

Thanks for your help guys like i said this is the first bec I have done and thought why not try it on new build
demonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: question on BEC

I have mine wired like the pic below with the addition of the black wire from the servo also going to the rx, but with the way you described, it will work too from what I have read on the forum. If you have a spot on the rx that says battle, plug it in there, or I believe ( don't quote me on it) you can plug the bec into any open port on the rx.....hope this helps!! The because should be set to right around the max voltage for the servo or rx, whatever is lower, so you don't fry the other one.

Check out the last sticky in the electronics thread about radio, power, bec, wiring diagrams, etc.

QUOTE=dpdsurf;1275499]So if I followed this correctly Rocksmith's diagram should actually look like this?

[/QUOTE

Last edited by massRCdude; 06-25-2012 at 11:05 PM.
massRCdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Either way works, I do direct to the servo.

As to the OP, your way listed is correct when hooking to the RX.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by massRCdude View Post
I have mine wired like the pic below with the addition of the black wire from the servo also going to the rx, but with the way you described, it will work too from what I have read on the forum. If you have a spot on the rx that says battle, plug it in there, or I believe ( don't quote me on it) you can plug the bec into any open port on the rx.....hope this helps!! The because should be set to right around the max voltage for the servo or rx, whatever is lower, so you don't fry the other one.

Check out the last sticky in the electronics thread about radio, power, bec, wiring diagrams, etc.

QUOTE=dpdsurf;1275499]So if I followed this correctly Rocksmith's diagram should actually look like this?

[/QUOTE
Thankyou! I'm going to change up a few things and wire it just like the diagram. Do you use a extension or cut the wires and solder direct to the servo?
demonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #5

Use an extension and cut and solder on it so its easily removable. If you ever decide to sell something, cuts and solders are always scary to a buyer.
The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonut View Post
Thank you! I'm going to change up a few things and wire it just like the diagram. Do you use a extension or cut the wires and solder direct to the servo?
I use a PC board header that becomes a "bridge" between the servo plug & the BEC output. I remove the signal wire from the servo plug, install in another plug housing so it plugs into the RX. Then the "bridge" connects the rest of the servo plug direct to the BEC.
Something like this..... Products - OverkillRC and then wrap it in electrical tape.
This makes it easy to swap servos if need be, or reprogram the BEC.
Some radios, like Spektrum, like a ground from the servo to the RX as well to fix "glitching".
Futaba & the GT3B seem to do fine without the ground.

Others use an extension made just for this, either way works.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

A y harness and pull the red wire out of the male side and plug servo and bec to the female sides and male into the rx. Done nice and easy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
phllint is offline   Reply With Quote

question on BEC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bec Question. carp40 Newbie General 3 03-16-2011 09:26 PM
BEC Question motorman Electronics 2 07-19-2010 10:53 AM
cc bec question SUPERCLODBUS Electronics 1 07-03-2009 02:29 AM
Bec question hummer6504x4 Electronics 4 06-23-2008 10:12 PM