Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: I turn it on-it wants to hang a right!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Unhappy I turn it on-it wants to hang a right!

Hello folks, back with a strange new problem. It's usually the berg that has me looking for answers-not today! My scx has twin 35s, a cs170 for steering, an fxr w/cap(3s), a novak bec, all told what to do by an mx sport rx/tx setup. I've been running this exact setup for a couple years, with no problems. But, i plugged her in earlier, & the servo immeddiatly cranked to the right. Plugged in a different servo that i know is cool-same thing. Pulled the bec, wired up a new one-same thing. Pulled it altogether, plugged the power lead on esc harness back in-same thing. Reversed the channel, servo cranked hard left. So, servo's good. It's not the bec either. Even plugged in a different rx, no change. That kinda leaves the one component i hoped it wasn't-the fxr. Anybody run into anything near this before? If so, how'd you fix it? Wanna make sure its the esc before i go sending stuff to manufacturers, ya know?
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: I turn it on-it wants to hang a right!

or the radio itself....
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: I turn it on-it wants to hang a right!

The FXR just gives power to the receiver, it can't make the servo turn. Is the MX Sport a 2.4 syste? Does the throttle work while the servo is turned? You might need to re-bind the setup if it's 2.4, it sounds like it isn't finding the radio so it goes to default (which is what any settings were at the time of binding.) Or the radio could just be bad. I just dealt with one this weekend at a race, Spektrum DX3R that went out and it would only give full throttle and the slightest touch of the trigger.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Re: I turn it on-it wants to hang a right!

Hey ty, thanks for the questions. Got her sorted out. Still not sure where exactly the problem was. When i soldered up the twin motors, i was using a tip on the iron, that should've been in the trash. So, i re-soldered all the joints on the fxr itself. Something i meant to do all along. Must've had one of those cracks that you can't see somewhere, cuz when i was done- she was cured! Cheapest fix i'll have, i'm sure. Thanks again all. I'm sure i'll be back with some other weird ghost problem, at some point.
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote

I turn it on-it wants to hang a right! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I wanna hang this over the fireplace Zod Rhombus Chit Chat 2 04-13-2012 11:30 PM
so, who's got a hang over from last night? demonoid369 Chit Chat 8 03-18-2011 04:23 PM
Post hang-over scale crawl Ghost Arizona 40 01-16-2010 06:44 PM
CC01 ?, dont hang me for it please Mav-1981 Tamiya XC/CC01 5 04-26-2009 02:55 PM
rear axle hang up...fix plz hotchi General Crawlers 10 01-12-2006 05:07 PM