Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New KMS Winches Available Through ZNO-RC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New KMS Winches Available Through ZNO-RC!

Name:  ZNO-RC Mountain Profile.jpg
Views: 2634
Size:  106.3 KB

We at ZNO-RC are excited to introduce the new modified servo winch product line from KMS. Currently we are offering 2 different styles of winches available in a few different servo options. Also unique to the KMS winches is the pre-installed HeyOK winch controller for easy connection to any 3 position, 3rd or 4th channel switch, on any suitable radio system. These winches are available exclusively at ZNO-RC and we will be taking preorders at this time untill the first shipment comes in.

The first design which has proven itself time and time again and has survived without a single hickup through the 2012 Axialfest 1000+ gate challenge is the Convertible K2 Servo Winch utilizing either a 133 oz Hitec 645MG or the 164 oz Hitec 5645MG servo. As you can see from the photo below, this winch has a very distinct military look with the exposed spool mounted to the front of the vehicle. The convertible aspect allows the servo to either be mounted vertical to give it a true Warn winch look, or laid back as shown in the photo, to hide the winch from view. You can find pricing and more information by clicking this link or the photo below.

Name:  KMS0301-Small.jpg
Views: 4410
Size:  7.6 KB

The second and newest design to come from KMS is the K3 Remote Mounted Servo Winch which has been created using a 164 oz. Hitec 5645MG servo that has been modified to fit an aluminum spool inside the servo case. The case is milled to clearance the spool and allow for the 30ft of 80lb winch line to be easily and visually spooled up. This winch also has a pre-installed HeyOK winch controller that can be easily connected to any acceptable receiver and radio system. Click the image below or this link to find more information and pricing.

Name:  KMS0303.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  6.7 KB

Click on the links above to see some videos of these winches in action. They are truly amazing!

ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New KMS Winches Available Through ZNO-RC!

Great winch. I am testing the latest model for the builder and love it.

Got my hands on KMS's Prototype winch for testing. First off let me say this is a killer idea because it gives you the power of a servo winch in a small package, plus the bearing on the other side of the spool (instead of the spool being mounted to the outside of the servo) makes it double sheer so the servo bearings and gear aren't being side loaded so this thing should last forever.

Second I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship and tight tolerances of the spool. Nothing worse than having the cable walk over the outside of the spool in the middle of a competition leaving you winchless.

For the first real test our local club was putting on a little event in the parking lot of the LHS, simple quick course so people could see what we do and try it out. Wasn't any need for a winch so I decided to hook the line to the top of a chain link fence. It pulled my 12lb rig to the top without grunting at all. Steady consistent motor sound without bogging down. I decided I'd give it a work out and pull til the truck was standing out horizontally lol. It did it successfully and still didn't bog down the servo. Once the front bumper touched the fence it snapped the 50lb test line. Luckily a buddy of mine caught my rig on the way down.

The following weekend was our clubs team endurance run. I tied a new hook on the old line since there's still over 5' left. I ended up on my lid against a log and couldnt right myself. Pulled cable from the front over the underside of the rig and pulled straight back flipping it end over end. Again plenty of power. I'm using a hand held controller with a 500mah 2s lipo. The winch holds back pretty well when not under power but I think the next step is an esc with drag brake or a heyok controller. Thanx Robert, I'll be hitting you up for 2 more as soon as I get my new rigs finished.

ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm currently running the 164 oz K2 on my 2.2 Honcho and absolutely love it. I took it out to Axialfest this year and put it through its paces. We were stuck in the back of the pack through most of the courses helping people up the steep and impossible climbs one by one and it never failed me. I love how the spool is up front and easy to get to if need be.

Name:  Green-Honcho.jpg
Views: 2375
Size:  68.6 KB

At the time I was running the 50 lb tough line that came on it. It snagged a few rocks during a few of the climbs resulting in a busted line. Easy to fix but KMS has since modified the kits to include 80 lb line for better durability. I'm pretty excited about that.

With my 8000 mah Venom battery and all vanquish axles and transmission, my 2.2 Honcho weighs in at just about 10 lbs. The 164 oz. K2 has no problem pulling my Honcho straight up a tree.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
KMS
Rock Crawler

Had a Question about when are there going to be avaible ,,,NOW,,, Getting up early out in the machine shop all day ,Have 18 kits for ZNO-RC to start with ,, Made spools today[K2] ,Base plates for the [K2] next ,K3 parts ready for servos ,,Shoudlnt be to long of a wait ,I want to get these to you as soon as I can ,,,,Thank you Robert
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
KMS
Rock Crawler

Had a question about the winchs kits ,I make two different type of kits ,The K2 and K3 ,They are being sold by Zno-Rc ,Hes a vendor here and has an website store ,Thank you for all the discussion , He is taking preorders on these now ,Here's the link to his site for the K3,,,KMS 164 oz K3 Remote Mounted Servo Winch
,,,,,KMS,,,,
Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Says zno's out of stock. When will they be back?
tozrovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
RCC Addict

woah these are sweet!
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
KMS
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
woah these are sweet!
Thank you ,,,check us out in the Vendors section ,,KMS,,,

New KMS Winches Available Through ZNO-RC! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KMS,,GI joe willy's KMS Large Scale Rigs 74 12-29-2016 02:00 PM