Default Sxc10 truggy in da works , help me decide: fxr combo or Holmes combo

What the title says : should I get the tekin fxr w/ tekin 35 or 45T motor
Or go the Holmes hobby rout same deal 35-45T motor
?????
trialsallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Sxc10 truggy in da works , help me decide: fxr combo or Holmes combo

Either system will work great. Biggest factor in deciding would be cost and space as the fxr is much smaller then the brxl.
But if money is not an issue I would go with holmes as you can get the brxl already waterproofed and I think holmes motors are more bang for your buck then the tekin imo. My recent experience with tekin motors is they are reliable and work but do not produce the amount of power you would think from a hound wound motor that has that price tag. I have novak rockstar 45 turn that has more tourque and wheel speed then the 35 turn handwound tekin I just picked up(same pinnion and truck). Motor works great just disappoined in performance is all.

just my 2 cents worth!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #3

Default Re: Sxc10 truggy in da works , help me decide: fxr combo or Holmes combo

Thanks bud. I think I'm heading in the Holmes direction . I did some more research and people seemed way more partial with HH. However u can't go wrong with either anyway .
trialsallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

With the FXR, I had more speed(104A max). With the BRXL, I have smoother throttle response and great drag brake. Both are great esc's, but I am more partial to the BRXL. Get it waterproofed. You won't be disappointed.

Oh and the BRXL can handle up to 6S.

-Brian

Last edited by 808DA6; 07-18-2012 at 06:59 AM.
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #5

I was debating this too and ended up going with HH. I think IF you are very limited on space and need a really small ESC, then the FX-R is the way to go, the thing is tiny like about the size of a postage stamp. But if space is not an issue then it's BRXL all the way, imo.
Honcho Legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Depending on your budget and what you plan to do with the truggy it seems to me you want it to get soaked and muddy....if that's the case get the BRXL waterproofed. John gives you a 1 month warranty on the waterproofing too! The FXR is a great ESC as well and I love how small it is and light weight if that's an issue for you. The FXR you would have to obviously waterproof yourself which isn't too hard but I prefer building and tuning my rigs rather than the tedious task of waterproofing electronics.

I bought 4 BRXL's from John in a year and a half all have been submerged with no issues. I don't have the heart to submerge a handwound motor so I usually just throw in an Axial 55T or a Tamiya silver can if I know I'm going submarining.

I think the real selling point is that John will actually reply to all your emails in a day or two max. His customer service is the best I've experienced. He will even go out of his way to give you tips and assistance on how you should build out your rig. That's the benefit of dealing with a small company...you get personal attention.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sxc10 truggy in da works , help me decide: fxr combo or Holmes combo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
holmes combo for dingo kit 507Eli Axial SCX-10 18 12-30-2011 05:48 PM
holmes hobbie puller combo? troy95chevy Axial SCX-10 15 08-21-2011 11:45 PM
Holmes combo? CarterFab Team Losi Comp Crawler 8 07-23-2010 09:12 AM
LCC Combo that works! Cbaker Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 06-16-2009 07:01 PM
Need to know if this body/chassis combo works DriftCrawler Newbie General 2 01-12-2008 04:50 PM