RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Sidewinder micro (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/393890-sidewinder-micro.html)

samaruki 07-19-2012 11:54 AM

Sidewinder micro

I have a ? On programming manually.....

Does this ESC go to default settings every time you enter to make changes?

When I hold the trigger to go into program mode it goes back to default and I have to inter all 9 settings again....is this normal ?....

Thanks for your input.

One other thing my #%¥€ windows system will not download the link:evil::evil:

samaruki 07-19-2012 09:07 PM

Re: Sidewinder micro

No help on this.....do I need to post some ware else.....

indiana mudcat 07-19-2012 09:36 PM

I've never attempted manual. Vista and 7 require you to follow special directions on castles site, kinda a pain to figure out the first time. After you get it you'll love the ease of castlelink.

samaruki 07-19-2012 10:25 PM

My computer is windows 98 and the download stops and gives a error thing.... looks like I am stuck with it...If I knew this in advance I would have got the Fxr little bigger and more $$ but at least it's s easey to manual programming :cry:

Chris_The_Battery_Man 07-19-2012 10:32 PM

Holy cow! Winders 98?!?!?!? No one hardly uses XP, let alone 98.

Bummer you cant download the software. The micro sidewinders are a great ESC. That's what I am running. Way smoother and better drag brake than an FXR

australiancrawler 07-20-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man (Post 3830709)
The micro sidewinders are a great ESC. That's what I am running. Way smoother and better drag brake than an FXR

Smoother and better drag brake than FX-R? How many others share your opinion? Not saying your wrong, I'm just gearing up for a new build and was having to make a choice between SW micro's or FX-R's. Further info would be appreciated!

teague 07-20-2012 07:03 AM

IMO the Sidewinder is much smoother and drag brake is awesome. I have ran the fxr in the past and have switched them all out for the Sidewinder MICROS. When room allows I run the brxl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

irokcrawl 07-20-2012 07:07 PM

I also prefer the Castle stuff over the FXR's. I'm currently running the dual sidewinders but I have the castle link. Ask your neighbor or someone who has an OS that actually works and just program it through the castle link. Takes all of about 30 seconds if that..

Charlie-III 07-20-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by australiancrawler (Post 3830933)
Smoother and better drag brake than FX-R? How many others share your opinion? Not saying your wrong, I'm just gearing up for a new build and was having to make a choice between SW micro's or FX-R's. Further info would be appreciated!

I agree with Chris.
I'm running dual FX-R's in my 2.2 Bully and dual Sidewinder micros in my XR-10.
Either ESC can be a good bet, but if I had a choice, I would get pretty much any Castle ESC.

pigblanket 07-22-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by australiancrawler (Post 3830933)

I run both in a pair of mrc's and even my wife can tell the difference. She wants to know why hers doesn't work like mine. Same motors and gear ratio. Mine has the sw micro. I plan on getting another one.

Sent telapathically from mars using mind power.

Shinjari 07-22-2012 06:57 PM

wow windows 98? thats like 14+ years old. anyways, I agree with the castle stuff being awesome. Too bad there isnt a micro BRXL hehe.