Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Fxr psa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Unhappy Fxr psa

Fantastic ESC never had a problem BUT if you ever have to replace a rx lead on one have fun.

you need to solder the wires from UNDER the top board! not a whole lot of room to work so get your self a tiny tip.

Position the board so any excess solder you may apply drips or slides OFF the edge of board not onto the wire next to it causing a short

I have to do the other one tonight so ill try to get some pics to show what i mean and how i do it. No matter what it is NOT FUN.
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Fxr psa

They are a pain, when I had to replace a few I actually had to take the top board off the FET board, which I don't recommend doing to anyone. The thru board connection was to save some space so the ESC could be the smallest possible footprint. Haven't had many that needed RX wires changed out.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I thought about poppin it off the board... 3 joints compared to more to mess up yeah no lol ill deal.

I actually smashed them together and noticed that the rx wires were fraying i have to do the other one as the + wire fraying is actually contacting the signal wire and glitching.
So far theyve been in a truck since they were released.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
They are a pain, when I had to replace a few I actually had to take the top board off the FET board, which I don't recommend doing to anyone. The thru board connection was to save some space so the ESC could be the smallest possible footprint. Haven't had many that needed RX wires changed out.
Why doesn't Tekin (or anyone reading this who can or does work in electronics RX, Servos, ESCs) simply use a plug in servo lead? That way we can easily pick lengths of the leads?
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Binary i thought of actually doing that only prob is you would need to get real creative to apply to an fxr. It would also lead to more user induced "failures" IMO.

Novak uses that approach its nice in a tight spot like a MRC and a mongoose BUT its also one more thing that could go wrong.

Fxr psa - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crash looked almost like a 1:1 aggressive driving PSA Mdlopez1 Non Crawler RC's 3 04-25-2012 08:34 PM
Tekin FXR and FXR-pro ESCs in stock JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 35 09-17-2009 09:40 PM
PSA: When driving a truck with about 18 tons of explosives in it, drive with care. badger Chit Chat 14 08-12-2005 07:31 PM