Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: cell differences after use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #1

Default cell differences after use

hey

I just got a 3s for my mini summit and today I ran my second full charge through it.

the first run I kept it easy on the battery and didn't let it get warm at all.

today I ran it pretty hard and until the lipo cut off kicked in, when I took out the battery it was a little warm to the touch I don't have a temp gauge to say exactly but barely over 30 celcius if i had to guess.
I thought I noticed a bit of puffing because the top side felt like there was a bit of a bubble so I cut the shrink wrap when I got home and im pretty sure it was just the packaging and not the cell that I could feel a squish in.

I checked the cell voltages with my meter and they came back all at different levels, cell 1 was 3.32, cell 2 was at 3.47 and cell 3 was at 3.4 or close to I can't remember the exact amount, the total pack was at 10 volts

Is this normal for the cells to be out so much after use?

I ran a balance charge and everything balanced out with no problems and within .01 volts of each other.

Im pretty new to the Lipo scene and don't want anything going up in smoke for me, and yes I charge in a Lipo bag and am always close by while charging.

thanks for any info and advice
Jesse C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: cell differences after use

1st off be carefull taking a blade to a lipo. that doesnt really sound to bad if once its charged they are prettymuch even. it is just a battery and will not always discharge the cells perfectly even. just keep on using your balance charger and dont run the battery down and your battery shall remain happy.
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

It's fairly normal when running the pack hard as the cells don't likely have the exact same internal resistance so they each will discharge at a slightly different rate. As long as the balance out when charged you are fine. My stampede and xr10 both do it if I run them hard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote

cell differences after use - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Differences? fivepointnine98 RC4WD Bully 11 03-04-2012 08:50 PM
1.9 to 2.2 differences? M109R General Scale Talk 8 09-15-2010 03:40 AM
7 Cell pack in a 6 cell ESC in a Crawler?? Twiztid Metal Newbie General 5 04-09-2010 10:55 AM
3 cell lipo not man enough? adding another cell = :) LincolnBlack Electronics 14 05-25-2009 04:49 PM