Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: axial's AE-2 tx trim adjusment problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #1

Default axial's AE-2 tx trim adjusment problem

I am having a problem on my scx10 tx, i cant put the throttle trim to neutral, i just set the trimming to full forward for me to get the neutral trim setting and play but i have actually no forward trim when playing only reverse trimming. if i place the throttle trim to neutral it will go forward by itself. Can someone here help me to bring back the neutral trimming to its normal adjustment? ive tried everything including the reprogramming of ae2 esc but it didn't help me at all.
thanks
SirChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: axial's AE-2 tx trim adjusment problem

I assume when you say "reprogram" you mean recalibrate?

Was the throttle trim at "0" and throttle EPA's at 100%? This is how the TX should be set before recalibrating the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #3

I am actually a new to crawling and sorry if i dont get your words right. yes youre right, its recalibrate. Anyway I dont exactly know what end point adjustment is, is it the full throttle response? If that so i did get a 100% epa but the th trim adjustment is at the maximum, if i adjust it to zero my rig will go forward by itself. For me to have the neutral in the trigger i have to adjust my th trim to its maximum. I am still using stock ax3 tx/rx. I wonder if the problem come from the esc. Thanks Charlie-III for replying.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

No problem.

You still didn't answer my question though, were the settings in the TX correct (throttle trim @ "0", throttle EPA's @ 100%) BEFORE you recalibrated the ESC??
If the TX is not set correctly before calibrating, you WILL have issues later on.

Throttle EPA's can be used to dial back maxium speed if you needed to, say for a new driver.

Steering EPA's are used so the servo is stopped just before mechanical bind. Mechanical bind is a fast way of burning out servos.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
RCC Addict

When in doubt, always start with radio set to defaults and then recalibrate ESC. Like Charlie said, once it's working with the radio set correctly, you can always turn down settings. You will never get it all working properly if you don't set the radio correctly first.

I've been doing this a long time and still mess it up from time to time. Can anyone say dual esc with a GT3B calibration
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I also find it handy to remove the pinion gear from the motor as it stops the thing trying to take off if the settings aren't quite right.

Pete.
Pete Attryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial's AE-2 TX trim adjustment problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
Can anyone say dual esc with a GT3B calibration
"Dual ESC with a GT3B calibration"!

Where's my cookie??

I also have "Dual ESC with 3PM-x & WantAmix set-up."

As to removing the motor pinions, I have never found the need, but it's a decent suggestion.

AE-2 "manual"... http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...01-ae2-esc.pdf

AX-3 "manual"... http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct...ransmitter.pdf
Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #8

hello there Charlie-III and ik632, thanks for really helping me out. Im happy to inform you guys that i did already got my trimming problem fix, i did what you said and i turned the trims to "0" and then i learned that the esc has a throttle configuration, first i did set the trims to zero then turned on my tx with full throttle then turned on the esc and it went to start the throttle calibration. i just followed the beeping sounds and lighting intructions from axial's manual and it did work for me, but its a little bit tricky because i had to reverse my tx throttle and reverse the motor wirings to get it done. now i can go forward with the light on esc green and go reverse on red with throttle trim set to zero, previously it was the other way around. one thing i dont mind resolving is when i reverse the throttle setting and the motor wirings back from factory setting i will surely encounter the same trimming dilemma again. thanks again for sharing advice!

Tags
scx10 honcho

axial's AE-2 tx trim adjusment problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to trim or not to trim? jimbob78 Axial SCX-10 14 07-06-2012 04:33 AM
windsheild trim flynfred 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 03-01-2011 12:01 PM
To trim or not to trim bro_die Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 12-30-2010 07:59 AM
i cant get the trim set bigdog5332 Electronics 1 03-20-2008 07:25 PM
fender trim nodnarb81 Paint and Body 2 02-17-2007 09:12 PM