Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: need help with bulldog 9300xt winch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default need help with bulldog 9300xt winch

So I have been using 3racing winch and decided to give rc4wds bulldog a try.. like the looks it pretty sweet but the damn thing won't work. I have it set up on my 4pl same way as my three racing winch dt3 is my switch of choice for my 3rd channel, now when I spool it out and stop it has a loud buzzing noise that I can zero out w the controller that goes in rx box but as soon as I spool it back in and stop I have the same thing happen. Rc4wd as of right now are not of much help with not even being a week old its kinda irritating... Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Rc4wds suggestion was to "put some glue on the controller" see if that fixes it...
Thanks guys
demonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: need help with bulldog 9300xt winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonut View Post
So I have been using 3racing winch and decided to give rc4wds bulldog a try.. like the looks it pretty sweet but the damn thing won't work. I have it set up on my 4pl same way as my three racing winch dt3 is my switch of choice for my 3rd channel, now when I spool it out and stop it has a loud buzzing noise that I can zero out w the controller that goes in rx box but as soon as I spool it back in and stop I have the same thing happen. Rc4wd as of right now are not of much help with not even being a week old its kinda irritating... Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Rc4wds suggestion was to "put some glue on the controller" see if that fixes it...
Thanks guys
To me it sounds like the winch controller can't see the center that it needs in order to come to a stop. I think you have tried adjusting the trim, but just for fun, plug it into your steering channel and see if you can make it behave (stop and sit quietly) by turning the steering wheel.

Also, do you still have the controller from your last winch? If so, give it a try - I think it will just plug in.

If you are still having trouble, I make several winch controllers that will fix you up depending on the performance you are looking for. If that sounds interesting to you, click the link in my sig.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
To me it sounds like the winch controller can't see the center that it needs in order to come to a stop. I think you have tried adjusting the trim, but just for fun, plug it into your steering channel and see if you can make it behave (stop and sit quietly) by turning the steering wheel.

Also, do you still have the controller from your last winch? If so, give it a try - I think it will just plug in.

If you are still having trouble, I make several winch controllers that will fix you up depending on the performance you are looking for. If that sounds interesting to you, click the link in my sig.
Ok did what you said ran through my steering and it works fine, so does that mean my controller for the winch is bad? I even tried ch 4 and have same issues as ch 3. Just want to make sure before I send controller back to rc4wd. My controller for my 3 racing is in another rig and it has differnt ends hate to cut it and solder it back on agian.
Thanks
demonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ok did what you said ran through my steering and it works fine, so does that mean my controller for the winch is bad? I even tried ch 4 and have same issues as ch 3. Just want to make sure before I send controller back to rc4wd. My controller for my 3 racing is in another rig and it has differnt ends hate to cut it and solder it back on agian.
Thanks

I had the same problem with my bulldog winch. It is for sure your winch controller. The main problem with them is the potentiometer (what re-centers the winch), it is crap and needs to be replaced. Heyok makes a really nice one for a good price. Buy that and your problems will be fixed for good.

Last edited by skipxor; 08-22-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Grammar boo boo
skipxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks
I think that you just aren't able to adjust the trim of the other channels far enough to make the winch stop. Take note of where you have to set the steering wheel to make the winch stop. Now plug a servo in instead and see where it is pointing. Take that servo and plug it into the channel that you want to use for running the winch. You have to adjust the transmitter settings to that it moves the servo to the point you noted before. Make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipxor View Post
I had the same problem with my bulldog winch. It is for sure your winch controller. The main problem with them is the potentiometer (what re-centers the winch), it is crap and needs to be replaced. Heyok makes a really nice one for a good price. Buy that and your problems will be fixed for good.
Thank you for the endorsement!

Yes, that would fix things up too!
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote

need help with bulldog 9300xt winch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Bulldog 9300XT Wireless Winch remydegreat Axial SCX-10 4 06-21-2011 02:50 PM
How do you like your Bulldog 9300XT Scale Winch? TJ Steve Electronics 8 04-17-2011 05:54 PM
RC4WD Bulldog 9300XT Winch Grumpster1980 Electronics 3 04-22-2010 10:22 PM