RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Mamba Max 1 Cell question (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/399075-mamba-max-1-cell-question.html)

Nutternugz 08-22-2012 02:16 PM

Mamba Max 1 Cell question

Hello all,

I have a question, I have a Mamba Max 1 Cell ESC and was crawling on Sunday and all of a sudden I had no throttle, ESC as far as the lights are concerned shows it's arming but no beeps or throttle. Motor is a cheap Traxxas Titan 21 turn, the no arming beeps are what is concerning me. Any advice?

Charlie-III 08-22-2012 02:18 PM

Re: Mamba Max 1 Cell question

First guess is the brush arms are toast in the motor. Since you need the connection through both brushes to the arm to:
1-Make the motor turn
2-Make the "chimes"

I think the motor is toast.

Try disconnecting 1 ESC to motor lead, then connect a known good battery to the motor directly, I think you will find the motor is still dead.8)

Nutternugz 08-22-2012 02:20 PM

OK, didn't think the motor would effect the chiming on the ESC, I have a old motor that I will throw in tonight and see if that was the issue. I have ran maybe 10 packs through that Titan, damn those motors suck...

ecoli 08-22-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutternugz (Post 3881743)
OK, didn't think the motor would effect the chiming on the ESC, I have a old motor that I will throw in tonight and see if that was the issue. I have ran maybe 10 packs through that Titan, damn those motors suck...

The chimes don't come through the esc, they come through the motor can.

Those motors are notorious for burning out after a few packs. 10 packs is pretty good for a cheap, non-rebuildable motor.

AreCee 08-22-2012 02:52 PM

I see in your sig that you have a Losi NC or CC, both will eat up the Titan motor in a hurry.

The best motor to use is a 17.5 brushless sensored one. I ran one of those when I had mine for about a year without any problem.

Nutternugz 08-22-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AreCee (Post 3881792)
I see in your sig that you have a Losi NC or CC, both will eat up the Titan motor in a hurry.

This is my buddies Losi he is a month into crawling, my Losi has a 17 turn Ballistic. He is on a major budget, looks like I'm donating 90 bucks to his rig to get him a real motor.

Highmark 08-22-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutternugz (Post 3881807)
This is my buddies Losi he is a month into crawling, my Losi has a 17 turn Ballistic. He is on a major budget, looks like I'm donating 90 bucks to his rig to get him a real motor.

Can I be your buddy? :ror:

Just check out the for sale section, you can usually get those motors for around $50 "thumbsup"

EeePee 08-22-2012 03:31 PM

Hey hey! Deleted three posts. Keep that FS shit in the Classifieds. "thumbsup"

Nutternugz 08-22-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AreCee (Post 3881834)
As said before, can I be your buddy too?

No problem, I keep it around for ballast.

Sure, i'll be your buddy. But keep in mind he is working all of this off by being my personal slave and his hourly rate is VERY LOW. He's going to be picking up dog crap for me for the next year.

The way i look at it is another new face in the hobby is worth a few hundred dollars, it's all for fun.

Nutternugz 08-22-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 3881840)
Hey hey! Deleted three posts. Keep that FS shit in the Classifieds. "thumbsup"

Hey Hey calm down, never asked to buy anything from anyone just looking for advice and the guys that posted up were very helpful. I'm sure they offered me the motors just to try to help out.

No need to get vulgar here, there are kids that look at this website and they don't need to see words like that. I would expect more from a Mod...:shock:

ik632 08-24-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutternugz (Post 3881841)
Sure, i'll be your buddy. But keep in mind he is working all of this off by being my personal slave and his hourly rate is VERY LOW. He's going to be picking up dog crap for me for the next year.

This thread is getting a little too freaky for me :lmao:

Sounds like that book my wife's been reading.:mrgreen: