Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default esc

I have a tekin 35t motor with 16t pinion in my scx10 and i need a esc do i need a certain esc or can i buy any one. if i can what esc do u guys recomenned me getting with that motor.... thanks cody
Chodey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Proverbial threadkiller

Default Re: esc

Pretty much any ESC that advertises it'll work for brushed motors will be fine. Just hafta look for features you want. I ditched the AE-1 and went with a Sidewinder Micro because I wanted a cutoff for my Lipos and get rid of the delay between reverse and forward.

What are you looking for in an ESC?
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

well i tryed a stock wraith becasue my friend had one and it tweecked so i took it into hobbie shop and they said i need new esc so idk what to get i was thinking a fxr
Old 08-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

since you have the tekin motor may as well get a texin esc.

i see alot of the fxr,s in the for sale section here n there
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

what do u guys think about a sv2 i think it is???? becasue i really dont want to spend 100 dollars on a esc
Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodey24 View Post
what do u guys think about a sv2 i think it is???? becasue i really dont want to spend 100 dollars on a esc
i heard thoes burn up
Old 08-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

and you have to watch a fxr was listed the other day for 45 bucks
Old 08-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

And with fxr you have the chance for them stop working after a calibration.
If it happens you have to send it back. They MIGHT warranty the issue aswell,that's if your lucky
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #9

U can try the axial ae 2 esc is good i buy 3 after a fran lent me to try
teck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Check out the AE-2 for cheap or an HPI Flux on Ebay. They are usually for brushless, but I think you can program them for brushed. Don't quote me on that though, I don't own one, just noticed they are pretty cheap now and they are already waterproofed.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #11
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck View Post
U can try the axial ae 2 esc is good i buy 3 after a fran lent me to try
Quote:
well i tryed a stock wraith becasue my friend had one and it tweecked so i took it into hobbie shop and they said i need new esc so idk what to get
By 'stock wraith' I think the OP already tried an AE-2. While I agree, I personally think they're solid, and would pick one up in a heartbeat, most people are a bit gunshy on picking up another of something that just went bad on them. I think he just wants to try something else. (although I do wonder why the wraith one flew the coop)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
i heard thoes burn up
I was going to leave the same comment about the SV2, but I don't have enough info on their failure rates or RCOFs. Seems to me, most people who say theirs constantly goes into thermal shutdown are using them in their short course trucks, which have an entirely different amp draw. I think the SV2 would work fine in an SCX (like the OP asked about), but like the OP, I was shopping 'cheap' and went with the Sidewinder Micro. I know the Micro won't handle much, but I doubt I'll be doing any mudding, sand running, water crosses, or trying to drive out of serious binds, so I think I'll be okay.

Although the Holmes Hobbies BR-XL might be $100, I very rarely ever hear of anyone having much in the way of issues with them.

So, I don't know what to tell the OP. The same SV2 & AE-2 some will tell you not to get, is the same ones I had 'on the short list'. I shop cheap too, and sometimes I can get by with lower end equipment just fine, and sometimes I wish I had spent more money and gotten a better servo. Might just hafta roll the dice and gamble on an SV2 or an FX-R.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

well im going to try a sv2 just cus its kinda cheap and im going to hobby store today so im just goiong to pick one up thanks for your help guysssss
Old 08-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

noo dont get the sv2 i have one and its burnt up ima send it back to castle and let them give me a new one the castle sv2 is not for crawlers or scalers they get to hot and burn up personal id go with a xl5 if you dont care about drag brake and there like a hybrid 45 min out of 2200 3s with bec if you want to do it right the first time go with a holmes hobbies BRXL waterproof its programable and waterproof what more can you ask for and you can run up to a 6s lipo
EvanSouders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
well im going to try a sv2 just cus its kinda cheap and im going to hobby store today so im just goiong to pick one up thanks for your help guysssss
all you will do is overpay at a hobbyshop and when it goes bad you still have to warrenty through castle
Old 08-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
RCC Addict

You should look through the classifieds or eBay. You'll get more for your dollar.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
all you will do is overpay at a hobbyshop and when it goes bad you still have to warrenty through castle
Maybe your LHS overcharges, but not all of them. Buying from a LOCAL store keeps them open, and keeps your options open. The day you need a $4 part, and have to order it, pay $7 shipping, and have to wait a week, you will wish there was someplace local to buy from.

A decent LHS will help you out, if you buy it there, they might help you with the warranty. They might even exchange it if you are a good customer.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

i got the xl5
Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Being a repeat customer does have its benefits. Also doesn't make sense when people are complaining that a lhs offers to order a part not in stock for them, in that case you don't pay shipping. I'd pay tax instead of shipping in most cases.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Maybe your LHS overcharges, but not all of them. Buying from a LOCAL store keeps them open, and keeps your options open. The day you need a $4 part, and have to order it, pay $7 shipping, and have to wait a week, you will wish there was someplace local to buy from.

A decent LHS will help you out, if you buy it there, they might help you with the warranty. They might even exchange it if you are a good customer.
+1,000,000!!

I have supported my LHS for close to 30 years.
They are starting to carry crawler stuff based on my son & I recommendations. They special order with no deposit, they give us "discounts" that make the part ~= to an online order, they remain open a bit longer if I call them for a part they have in stock, etc.

Yes, I buy some stuff online, but I try to get a fair amount from them and steer other RC peeps to their shop.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dingo, esc, tekin

esc - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which ESC Brake/Reverse Type Setting on my Mamba Max ESC? b00st3d Venom Creeper 3 01-24-2010 04:34 PM
RX pack & ESC, remove the red wire or leave the ESC switch off BenW Electronics 5 02-23-2005 06:25 PM