Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Motor stutters while accelerating...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Motor stutters while accelerating...

Not sure whats going on, I'm running an xl-5, hpi 15t firebolt, cc bec and a Hitec 7954 on 2s. Everything works great without the bec hooked up, as soon as the bec comes into play the motor/esc stutter. I have tried wiring the bec two ways(1- with a Y harness and the positive removed from the reciever, and 2- @6.0 volts into the rec. and servo wired normal) I have the castle link have tried different voltages for the servo. Funny thing is if I wire this up with the servo being powered up by the xl-5 everything works great, but the servo is not working to it's potential. I know that the traxxas xl-5 is not the greatest and a 15t firebolt is not the best combo for my Wraith but I'm just trying to get this thing running before I decide what i'm going to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks.
Dualdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Motor stutters while accelerating...

i just started a thread the other day about traxxas xl-5 with a bec. i read it doesnt work and others say it works fine. i actually wired a bec in the other day and ill test it 2marro as i havent tried it cause its not in a rig.

i ran it before i cut wires and was fine, so if problem 2marro then its bec with xl-5, ill post whn i test

also did you remember to remove the red wire from your xl-5 rx plug?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

wp xl-5 esc with external bec ??
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

i had to check rite quick since its all in front of me. threw a horn on the servo and it would turn with me holding no prob and motor ran smooth but no resistance on it cause installed in tranny with no pinion.

so they do wark with bec...i think this xl-5 is not the lvc version but not sure

double check your wireing and snip or red wire fron esc, double check bec settings. i was just at 5a 5.5v

maybe try with a different rx or motor

mines wired direct into esc power wires then into the rx
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I've run this setup with the red wire removed from the esc and the bec hooked straight into the reciever, and with a y harness - bec powers servo only and it still stutters. It almost feel like the motor is cogging. I'm going to run it today with some different combinations and see what happens. The xl-5 is just a test esc for this rig, but I just wanted to run it until I buy the new motor/esc combo. Oh well, if it doesn't work I'll run the bec in my honcho and see how it works with a fxr.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Some other thoughts here...the bec is in a waterproof box with the reciever, and everything works fine on the bench. It's when the truck is on the ground with some load on it that it acts up.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Just an update. The stutter/cogging only went away after the bec was removed, very strange, I tried everything with this thing. I might have a bad cc bec.

Motor stutters while accelerating... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Accelerating when transmitter is turned off Javelin Newbie General 7 07-13-2012 05:29 PM
Idle and accelerating motor sound?? raolguio Newbie General 2 09-30-2010 10:44 AM
Axial ax10 stutters when turning right....HELP! LexieVW Newbie General 6 05-28-2009 09:00 PM