Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need help dx6i mixing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1

Default Need help dx6i mixing

I have duel Tekin fxr's and a dx6i I need help getting a mix going. I don't have a dig system so I was hopeing someone had a setup where the right stick controls the front and rear motor as well as steering and take the left stick out of the equation. once I have that I would like to set it so I flip one of the 1000 switches on the remote to get rear dig if anyone has a clue on how to get this setup I would be eternally gratefull!
Satanicfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Need help dx6i mixing

Im controlling a xr10 with a dx7 and am also running two fxr's mixed. The rudder channel controls steering, throttle channel controls front esc, elevator channel controls rear esc, The following mix configuration will allow you to use the flap mix switch to select from front dig(stick all the way up) all wheel drive (center stick) , rear dig ( stick down). You will also be able to control bias speed by simply moving the throttle stick up or down while in all wheel drive (center stick). ......... OK.... PAY ATTENTION. . programming process... First select ACRO mode in model type select... next screen is trainer INH , next screen is throttle recovery INH, next screen input select screen aux2 2p sw aux2 trim INH ... Flap system, flap trim ACT. Next screen Wing type Flaperon OFF, V- tail OFF, Delta OFF. . Next screen Switch select INDIVID. Next step is to go to your regular programming were you find your subtrims and travel adjusts, Mix, e.t.c .. STOP. .. At this point calibrate both FXRS individually to there respective channels( throttle for front, elevator for rear)... Ok, now go to program mix 1 thro>thro on . Rate -110% -100% SW: MIX offset 0. Program mix 2 ELEV>THRO ON RATE +100% +100% SW:ON OFFSET 0 . PROG MIX 3 ELEV>THRO OFF RATE: -100% -100% SW: FLAP 0 OFFSET 0 . PROG MIX 4 ELEV > THRO OFF RATE: +125% +125% SW: GEAR OFFSET:0 ............ Congratulations! !!!! programming complete... mess around with the switches and you will see what does what...
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #3

Ok awesome thank you so much can't wait to get home to program this in.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

No problem... Im currently running this mix and have won several local events , this mix setup will give you a great advantage over the competition as far as wheel bias speed on demand and easy use... take your time and once programmed get to learn your radio and how to get maximum performance out of this setup.... any questions let me know... have fun
Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #5

Awesome Thank you and I am wondering a dx7 and a dx6i are the screen and mix setups the same cause I tried following instructions from other dx6 type controllers and it's not even close but looking at what you said it seems like its close at least to what my screen will show
Old 09-17-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have both the dx6 and the dx7, programming is the same for both. i will help you with any questions you may have... its a bit of work programming, but when done its well worth it...
Old 09-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #7

Awesome to hear thank you again I was starting to doubt my purchase
Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Ive got the four wheel drive and steering on the right stick, rear wheel power bias on the left stick and removed the channel 5 switch and installed a momentary push button switch for dig on mine and really like it. There are alot of ways to set it up just think about what makes sense to you and go with it. If I can help at all just ask.
pull'n'pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I am running dual FXR's on a DX7 with a slightly different setup.

I am using the left stick for steering only. The right stick is controlling both motors. Push up and both go forward, down and both go backward. If you push left the front wheels turn forward, if you push right the rear wheels go forward. This simplifies the throttle and allows you to easily mix in front or rear bias.

I have been running this setup for 3 years and I love it.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
I am running dual FXR's on a DX7 with a slightly different setup.

I am using the left stick for steering only. The right stick is controlling both motors. Push up and both go forward, down and both go backward. If you push left the front wheels turn forward, if you push right the rear wheels go forward. This simplifies the throttle and allows you to easily mix in front or rear bias.

I have been running this setup for 3 years and I love it.

Would you mind putting your setup in here so I and others may try and see If it fits are driving style would be great to get a bunch of setups posted on this page.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I was wondering if I could do this with my bully with my dx6i so I started fooling around with it and go it so the left stick is front esc and right is rear but with mix 1 Setup like in the picture and the mix and th hold switch when it is on th hold its four wheel drive and when it's on mix it's front dig. Your right stick only does rear dig either way. You may need to adjust the d +100 and u +100 to get both the front tires and rear tires to spin the same amount when in 4 wheel drive

laxjj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

You have to program all 4 mixes into your radio in order to get front and rear dig to work properly. When done you will have control of both motors with the right stick at all times, by engaging the flap mix switch all the way up you get front dig, middle switch is all wheel drive, all the way down is rear dig. You cannot program in only one mix and expect everything to work.... Try programming in all the mixes, you will be happy
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

There is only mix1 and mix2 on a dx6i with the why I set it up there is 4wheel on left stick and and rear dig on right when you flip the mix switch you have front dig on left stick I haven't tried it on the rocks yet and won't be able to till Thursday or later due to its been raining all day and it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow also. Hope this helps. Also there isn't any three way switches on the dx6i
Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Which RX are you guys running with this set up?.Thanks
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

With my dx6i I'm running a Ar6115e microlite park flyer 6channel rx I run dual esc's my servo and a bec
Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

running a Spectrum ar6100 rx
Old 10-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

D19er

Just trying to do this as we speak but before i start i have a question or three...

What channels of the RX are you plugging your leads from tekin esc's into?.

More specifically,Rear motor esc goes into which channel on the RX?

Same for front motor esc,which channel on RX?

Hope i'm making sense

Last edited by xv-townboy; 10-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i have the front speed control plugged into the elevator channel and the rear plugged into the throttle channel... any questions you have feel free to ask... let me know how you make out... which Transmitter are you runnin?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Perfect!..Thanks for the taking the time..I am running the DX7..It is the heli version but set up should be the same pretty much i think..I'll keep you posted
Old 10-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

postin up some screen shots for you...

Need help dx6i mixing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get rear move reverse before front DUAL ESC DX6i Need a Dx6i mixing Guru toy4crawlin Electronics 6 10-26-2011 11:55 AM
dx6i mixing out4crawlin Electronics 9 12-28-2010 10:42 PM
DX6i mixing and expo set up for MOA souler Electronics 5 07-27-2010 09:12 PM
DX6i mixing 2 esc's B18B1LS1 Electronics 12 03-03-2010 05:42 PM
dx 6 mixing BUGGYBOY Electronics 5 02-11-2008 10:48 PM