Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: mamba max pro motor wires help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default mamba max pro motor wires help

Okay I am sure that I have missed it but I have been searching for the last hour. I have gotten a mamba max pro and cannot see where on the esc the motor wires are labeled. What I am looking for is which color wire goes to the A,B,C on the motor. And while I am asking it came with what looks like a large capacitor that has a receiver plug. Do I just plug that into my rx? What would that do? Any help and I would be grateful.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: mamba max pro motor wires help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
Okay I am sure that I have missed it but I have been searching for the last hour. I have gotten a mamba max pro and cannot see where on the esc the motor wires are labeled. What I am looking for is which color wire goes to the A,B,C on the motor. And while I am asking it came with what looks like a large capacitor that has a receiver plug. Do I just plug that into my rx? What would that do? Any help and I would be grateful.
Motor wires don't matter with a brushless motor. Just hook them up however and if the motor turns the wrong direction just swap any 2. My MMP didn't come with any capacitor though?
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks D. I guess you know what I will be running at the scale comp now.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Motor wires don't matter with a brushless motor. Just hook them up however and if the motor turns the wrong direction just swap any 2. My MMP didn't come with any capacitor though?
EEEEEEEEE Wrong

The phasing of the wires DOES matter on a SENSORED brushless motor. The wires should be labeled on the sticker on the side of the ESC. If not, they are A-B-C when looking at the side of the ESC where the wires come out of the case.

If you have the wires hooked up wrong on a sensored motor the ESC will be powering the wrong windings and will self implode or burn up your motor very quickly.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

So red white black = A B C

the first time I hooked it up it sounded funny so I didnt run it but a few seconds. after changing it to the way above it seems much smoother. Before I install it into my truck is there anywhere that may have it listed or maybe a photo. I would really hate to blow this stuff up before I get to break something in my truck.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348717220.366597.jpg
Views: 4322
Size:  80.8 KB

What motor are you running? Also make sure the sensor wire is pressed in all the way. Are you adjusting the settings with a castle kink?

Last edited by Propane; 09-26-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I am running the 3300 pro4 from tekin. That little sticker is missing on the esc that I got. That makes all the difference. Thanks for the help. Maybe now I can install everything and go do some midnight wheelies.

mamba max pro motor wires help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max Pro with 6S and 6900 kv motor PowerCrazy Electronics 43 04-18-2011 03:38 PM
Mamba Max Pro- brushed- which wires? indiana mudcat Electronics 11 05-05-2010 05:48 AM
Mamba Max Pro - What motor? LivDoug Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 04-29-2010 01:41 PM