Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Help with radio decision...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Help with radio decision...

For what it is worth I have been using a stick radio for 3 years now (DX7). I am only using 2 channels on it but I have quite a few mixes running on it. Because of this i am able to get TONS of control on proportional drive and dig. There is a bit of a learning curve but I think it is the best solution available.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #22
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Just to throw something completely different into the mix.....You don't *need* the dual esc with mixing. A punk dig or similar is just fine. So your DX3 is fine.

The top level guys can use the performance potential that dual esc's provide. Normal guys will never miss it. I crawl with national event caliber guys on occasion, and they don't use the proportional drive all that often. I can usually hang right with them with my punk setup.
I went to a dual esc to a shafty and i miss the fawk out of the bias mixing...You probably just can't tell that they are using it , very subtle adjustments will make a huge difference in how a crawler works in certain situations.

Whether if you need it or not at a certain place is arguable, but having it is a very nice addition.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
To say the DX3R will work just as good with the WantAMix as a 4PL or Flysky is like saying an apple will taste like an orange just because it is the same color. Radios will have different features, pros and cons of each. The thing to remember though is the DX3R will do the same thing. You can mix the throttle channel to run proportional mixing. If you already have rx's for it and are familiar with the programing then IMO stick with it.
Your post is misleading and in my opinion wrong.

Yes, you can run a mix from the throttle channel to ch3...No you can not setup a switch on the radio to control the mix on the fly. So to sum it up, no the DX3r (or any spektrum pistol radio) is not capable of mixing like we need it.

Not sure what you were trying to say...
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #24

Why not just get a Futaba 4pl. It can be had for like $210 from tower, or $175 on flea bay. Extra receivers are only $50, it's 4 channel, mixes galore for dual esc/4 wheel steer, 40 model memory, works great with go fast stuff. Any future spektrum rides you buy, just sell the rx and buy a futaba rx. Or check out the airtronics mt4, though the receivers are a bit more pricey.
rcmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Your post is misleading and in my opinion wrong.

Yes, you can run a mix from the throttle channel to ch3...No you can not setup a switch on the radio to control the mix on the fly. So to sum it up, no the DX3r (or any spektrum pistol radio) is not capable of mixing like we need it.

Not sure what you were trying to say...
The DX3 "R" is capable of proportional mixing on the throttle with a Wantamix adapter. Do your research before questioning something.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Help with radio decision... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with a decision. fasttimes!! General Scale Talk 1 07-28-2007 12:40 AM
Charger Decision nascarkeith Electronics 6 02-26-2007 10:28 PM
Help with a decision. payableondeath6 Newbie General 9 01-12-2007 11:52 AM