Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: AE-2/BROOD INTENSITY 25t??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default AE-2/BROOD INTENSITY 25t??

Hey all.
I'm having a tough time here..I have a brand new AE-2 and brand new BROOD intensity 25t with deans on both, using an rc4wd XR4 tx/rx and also a Losi mini servo for shift duties. My problem is that the motor does not seem to get power...st servo and shift servo work, esc light up fine and is calibrated to tx correctly, full battery(2s), Ive tried resoldering all deans. I've also tried my extra rx which works and I get the same thing..any suggestions?
I feel like I'm just chasing my tail now...thanks

Last edited by railripper; 10-07-2012 at 01:14 AM.
railripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: AE-2/BROOD INTENSITY 25t??

Do you have anything to check the motor leads for power? Test light,voltmeter,different motor? Also I'd get a bec ASAP as the ae-2 will run HOT with a 2 servo load.
execelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

No, I don't have anything to test for power and I don't have another motor at the moment as its on my other rig which I don't have right now.
What brand bec would you recommend? I've never used on before..
Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Castle seams to be the best bec out. If your esc is lose wire it up in the other truck real quick, with out testing it out its hard to pinpoint the problem.
execelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Castle bec it is! I will try that later today..I've had this problem once before and it turned out to be the rx, if that's the case then I'm out two rx's and I'll be done with rc4wd tx/rx!
Also when I plugged it all up the first time, the motor glitched a couple times then stopped which is what happened before with the same brand rx...sigh...
Will post later what I find out, thanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Disconnect the ESC from the motor and try running the motor direct off the attery, this will see if the motor is OK. You may just have a hung brush.

If the motor is good, recheck the TX settings for throttle (trim to "0", EPA to 100%) and then recalibrate the ESC to the RX.

To test the RX, try plugging the servo into the throttle port, see if the trigger moves the servo.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Battery will run the motor, trigger moves servo, epa is 100%, throttle trim at 0. Recalibrated esc to rx, I get the flashing green light when trigger is pulled and flashing red light when trigger is pushed and still get nada:confused: I'm thinking rx or the motor leads/esc leads are the problem(can't solder for sh** cuz my hands shake too much.
I'll test this out in the other rig with different motor and the HH BRXL and see what happens later today.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Yu said the esc lights up and arms but do you hear the motor chimes when it arms. If you don't then the motor isn't getting any power from the esc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I can't hear high pitch beeps cuz my hearing is bad even with hearing aids (Drs called it a "unique" birth defect). I'm probly gonna run to buddys and have him listen to it...if there is no sound, does that mean the esc is bad if it ain't sending power to the motor?o Thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by railripper View Post
I can't hear high pitch beeps because my hearing is bad even with hearing aids (Dr's called it a "unique" birth defect). I'm probably gonna run to buddy's and have him listen to it...if there is no sound, does that mean the ESC is bad if it isn't sending power to the motor? Thanks
The ESC "buzzes" the motor windings when arming, this is the "chime" people refer to.
If you don't hear the "chime" (assuming you can hear), it's because:
-The ESC is bad
-The battery is dead
-The motor is bad
-The motor connections are poor/bad
-One or more hung brushes
-The ESC is not calibrated

So, there is some troubleshooting info.

-Since the battery (wired direct) runs the motor, I guess we can rule out a bad motor or hung brush/brushes (double check though).
-Maybe you have a cold/poor solder joint to the motor
-Trigger moves servo, so it appears the RX is good for channel-2

Let us know.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Oh i see, yeah I don't get any buzzing from the motor..I hope it's bad a solder and I'm gonna lean that way cuz as I stated before my soldering skills arent very good due to shakey hands. I have to run to the LHS and I'll have them resolder everything. I will post back what comes of this issue. Thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Well, it turned out the esc was bad, my buddy had an extra esc (same kind) laying around, wired it up and she works great now. I gotta say the brood intensity 25t/ae-2 works great for my application! I wanna thank everyone for their help with this issue, I really appreciate it!:thumbup:

AE-2/BROOD INTENSITY 25t?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial 25t servo horn rokhound Axial SCX-10 7 09-17-2012 12:29 PM
Team Brood Intensity Machine Wounds EddieO Vendors Electronics 17 08-27-2012 02:07 PM
Pinion and Spur for 25t Holmes Handwound? oSPANNERo Newbie General 4 10-14-2009 07:18 AM