Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: mamba max pro problem drives me crazy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: mamba max pro problem drives me crazy...

I think here may be your problem. The expo on the TX should be at 0% to start. If it is at 100%, you are looking at barely moving almost all the way to the end the throttle then a HUGE jump at the end.

Try zeroing out all expo DR and reset your EPA to 100 foeward/reverse.

re calibrate the ESC go from there.

The rest is just precaution. I believe the EXPO is what is plaguing your set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979crawler View Post
Yes, the expo on the futaba is set to +100%.The throttle & brake curves are tottaly linear.The sensor cable is the one supplied with the tekin motor.Actually i bought a second one for testing purposes a week ago.

Last edited by dirtslow; 11-09-2012 at 09:41 AM.
dirtslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Interesting... I have a similar issue while trying to use a MMP with a sensored motor. And it's driving me crazy too!!!

Any conclusion/resolution vs your problem dude?
EncoreuneMod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreuneMod! View Post
Interesting... I have a similar issue while trying to use a MMP with a sensored motor. And it's driving me crazy too!!!

Any conclusion/resolution vs your problem dude?
Iam waiting to get a friend's motor to test.It's a 540 reedy sonic 21.5T.Probably next week cos he's on bussiness trip.I'll report the very first moment i test it...BTW, what sensored motor are you trying (company,turns...)?
1979crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #44
Rock Stacker

I tried today the reedy 21.5T sensored motor but i had the same issue with the MMP.I'll try in a week a hobbywing speedo from a friend. And the Odyssey continues...
Old 11-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

What brand of sensor wires are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Twisted Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

I still think it is the TX. OP mentioned the expo is set at 100%. At least confirm you have no expo set in the TX.
dirtslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

I have the same set up and was having similar issues, finally discovered that on the settings using the castle link I had forgotten to click the sensored motor box. clicked it, reset it, now it goes like a champ.
jayross101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Nuts View Post
What brand of sensor wires are you using?

when i had the tekin 13.5T redline i used tekin's sensor wire (part# TT3811).Yesterday, with the reedy 21.5T sonic i used reedy's sensor wire(part#978 ).Both of them were brand-new.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtslow View Post
I still think it is the TX. OP mentioned the expo is set at 100%. At least confirm you have no expo set in the TX.
Yes, confirmed! Expo throttle and brake are set to 0%.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayross101 View Post
I have the same set up and was having similar issues, finally discovered that on the settings using the castle link I had forgotten to click the sensored motor box. clicked it, reset it, now it goes like a champ.
It is clicked, just confirmed it.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Change it to "smart sense".
Have you tried turning off the lipo cutoff?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I just had to send a MMP back that died after one run in my SCT for no apparent reason. It does happen.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #53
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Nuts View Post
Change it to "smart sense".
Have you tried turning off the lipo cutoff?

I have already tested it with the smart sense mode but the same issue occurs.I also turned off the li-po cutoff test it with a fully charged 2S (tested with a polymeter 8.4Volts) but still the same.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #54
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
I just had to send a MMP back that died after one run in my SCT for no apparent reason. It does happen.
What really drives me crazy is the fact that it's not dead,it works perfect in sensorless mode with tekin,reedy brands i've tested.By the time i plug the sensor wire either a tekin or a reedy the problem is still there...
That's why i'll test a hobbywing combo borrowed from a friend and will report...
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #55
RCC Addict

I programmed a MMP and hooked it to a sensored Hobbyking 13.5 a couple weeks ago and it ran just as flawless as the Novak motors I've setup several times.

Any chance we can get screenshots of your castlelink settings? I run high start power and no current limiting, a buddy had a VXL hooked to a MMP that was doing something similar and it was one of those settings.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

At first, ΙAM SORRY for my long absence! I was waiting for a hobbywing ezrun 60A esc to borrow from a friend.I tried it yesterday with the reedy sonic 21.5T and with the tekin redline 13.5T,in sensored mode obviously,and it made ALL the difference in the world!!! I mean, the resolution of the speedo at low end speeds is soooooo smooth i couldn't believe in my eyes!!! The crawler king know overcomes any obstacle so easily and with precise control! Let me remind you,my truck's weight is 4kgrs exactly and runs on 2S only.On the other hand, the problem with this speedo is that it doesn't have a motor rotation clockwise or counter clockwise option, so reverse is not an option for the truck at all...! I even reversed the throttle channel of the futaba 3PM-X but the speedo didn't work.So, for testing purposes worked pretty damn well!!! Iam so impressed that iam about to choose between these two to buy:
HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
OR
HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Both of them have the motor rotation option,are sensored,firmware update options are available,the lcd program box is a +1 and last but not least,the price is half of a let's say, tekin RX8.
I imagine i could combine one of the above speedo's with the long anticipated tekin ROC412 motor with amazing results! (I hope it's not only my imagination...!)
Any suggestions,preferably justified,or feedback with the above speedos are greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #57

I know it's not the same problem, but I'll describe my problem,and it's in a Custom Works Sprint car on Dirt Oval. Still dealing with the Mamba Max pro, been using with a cheap 23.00 NON sensored 17.5 "Bullistorm" from Hong-Kong motor, worked fine. Put a brand new Trinity Sensored D3.5 series 17.5 turn, that came with it's own cable. The car seemed to run fine testing out in the street FAST!! Went to the races, and ran about a pack (5400Mah Thunder power 2S 25C)through it in 3 different runs with tuning and charging in between. toward the end of this, I noticed pulling out of the corner to the strait, there was a low throttle "flat spot" like a car with a badly adjusted carb, a hesitation. we hooked it up to the castle card someone had, and put the cut-off on 3.5, it was on smart sense. and made sure it had some high power start setting. Re- calibrated it to the transmitter receiver(M 11 with spektrum module/3000 receiver). After that, it had NO throttle, just steering when powered. Got it to calibrate again, Still NO throttle. I had to run a different car. I really wanted to run that motor, but no time for robbing another car for a speed control.(had 2 cars there with the NOVAK club ESC/NOVAK 17.5) I tried un-plugging the sensor. Now it doesn't seem to calibrate anymore. It finishes with 2 blinking lights, Amber and green, NO power No motor movement at all. Any clues. I'm going to try putting the Lipo cutoff back to 3.0 per cell instead of 3.4 first.

Last edited by Franked; 01-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Franked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

have you tried running 0% punch control?

im ruunning a mmp/tekin 13.5 w 13mm torque rotor and its butter smooth
down low.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

have you contacted castle??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Last edited by Twisted Nuts; 01-26-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franked View Post
I know it's not the same problem, but I'll describe my problem,and it's in a Custom Works Sprint car on Dirt Oval. Still dealing with the Mamba Max pro, been using with a cheap 23.00 NON sensored 17.5 "Bullistorm" from Hong-Kong motor, worked fine. Put a brand new Trinity Sensored D3.5 series 17.5 turn, that came with it's own cable. The car seemed to run fine testing out in the street FAST!! Went to the races, and ran about a pack (5400Mah Thunder power 2S 25C) through it in 3 different runs with tuning and charging in between. toward the end of this, I noticed pulling out of the corner to the strait, there was a low throttle "flat spot" like a car with a badly adjusted carb, a hesitation. we hooked it up to the castle card someone had, and put the cut-off on 3.5, it was on smart sense. and made sure it had some high power start setting. Re- calibrated it to the transmitter receiver(M 11 with Spektrum module/3000 receiver). After that, it had NO throttle, just steering when powered. Got it to calibrate again, Still NO throttle. I had to run a different car. I really wanted to run that motor, but no time for robbing another car for a speed control.(had 2 cars there with the NOVAK club ESC/NOVAK 17.5) I tried un-plugging the sensor. Now it doesn't seem to calibrate anymore. It finishes with 2 blinking lights, Amber and green, NO power No motor movement at all. Any clues. I'm going to try putting th LiPO cutoff back to 3.0 per cell instead of 3.4 first.
Based on this.... Castle Creations | FAQ: 1/10th Scale Products you're hitting the LVC.

What packs are you running (cell count/voltage, mah & "C" rating?...nevermind, saw this on 2nd read.... 5400Mah Thunder power 2S 25C)
Sounds like the flat spot is an overdraw on the packs. Did you use the same pack each time for testing?
What pack connectors? If Tamiya, change them. If Deans or bullets, may be fine.

Also check the ABS setting in the ESC as well as other settings.

When calibrating the ESC to the RX, make sure TX throttle is set to 100% EPA (both ways), all trims to "0".

Last edited by Charlie-III; 01-26-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: found info during re-read.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mamba max pro, problem, question

mamba max pro problem drives me crazy... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max Pro - vs - Mamba Max Pro SCT rctoyguy Electronics 1 06-08-2012 06:19 PM
castle creations mamba max pro problem mikedengineer Electronics 13 04-01-2012 07:16 AM
Problem with Mamba max pro???? Tuffguy Electronics 5 12-16-2010 09:44 PM
Mamba max pro problem cbtu0914 Electronics 4 06-12-2010 10:26 PM