Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: controller for xr10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #1

Default controller for xr10

i have 200$ for a controller for the xr10 im using dual esc but not 4ws so i was looking at the 4pl which is right at $200 with a reciever and was also looking at the futaba 6ex with throtte mod from ckrccrawlers for $200 with a reciever. I like twin stick controllers and wheeled controllers so eith will due

TowerHobbies.com | Tactic TTX600 6Ch SLT 2.4GHz Radio System No Servos

is this any good is it worth it i mean i dont fly airplanes or helis so it would only be used for this crawler and crawlers to come or would their be another one that i could get that does dual esc and does great. what wheeled controllers are in that price range and does dual escs
Snickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: controller for xr10

Hi, as mentioned a few times before, I would recommend a hacked GT3B/C. I run a hacked GT3B on my dual ESC XR-10. I've tried a couple of different templates and have settled on the "dual ESC locked dig" one for firmware 0.4.x.

In general, my house is a Futaba house, but I have had NO issues with the hacked GT3B.

For your price range you could either do 2 hacked GT3C's or one hacked GT3C and 8 (?) additional RX's.

Not sure what your issue is.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #3

I just don't want a hacked gt3 thing I had one had a lot of problems with it and don't want another one I would rather get a Factory one with a warrenty and a guarante which the gt3 has neither one so is there any others
Old 10-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Really cant go wrong with the 4pl and RX's are cheaper as well. It can be setup just as easy as the 4pk while giving you all the functionality you would ever need.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #5

Thanks what twin stick controllers are good that's under 200$
Old 10-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Do we seriously need 3 threads from you about this? You know what we would buy, great you dont want to listen but then ask 3 separate times?

Give it a rest man, either take our advice or dont but stop trying to get different advice by asking again...Not much has changed since last week as far as options for radios that are capable of mixing...

Arent your friends going to be mad because you are going dual ESC? I thought that whole point was to all have single ESC rigs with a dig switch? Change your mind again? Dont buy a 4pl cuz it will catch on fire for no reason and futaba wont do anything about it!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Do we seriously need 3 threads from you about this? You know what we would buy, great you dont want to listen but then ask 3 separate times?

Give it a rest man, either take our advice or dont but stop trying to get different advice by asking again...Not much has changed since last week as far as options for radios that are capable of mixing...

Arent your friends going to be mad because you are going dual ESC? I thought that whole point was to all have single ESC rigs with a dig switch? Change your mind again? Dont buy a 4pl cuz it will catch on fire for no reason and futaba wont do anything about it!
FIRST OFF it was a 4pks and second off if you would start paying attention to threads I said I was doing one if each one single esc truck one double esc and I really don't care wether yall beloved it or not because it happened and WHY WOULD YOU PAY 100$ FOR A RADIO WITHOUT A WARENTY AND A GARENTEE. If you bought a $50 battery with out a warrenty and you have problems with it before even getting to use NO you wouldnt!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Spell check........just sayin".
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #9

Just saying I'm on my mobile now so it spell checks stuff and always spells it wrong
Old 10-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I thought this was a quest for thirty post, but he still argues.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickerson View Post
i had one had a lot of problems with it
losikid@overkillrc.com ... thats an email address, not a pm address btw

Quote:
which the gt3 has neither one so is there any others
I don't flash around any cool warranty policy's, but i don't think i've ever not warrantied something, even though there is no stated warranty......
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #12

No this is not a quest I just wanted advice and it seemed everytime the gt3 came up and when I simply said no I have had problems with it it seems everyone gets mad and says well its the best
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
Got Worms?

Quote:
No this is not a quest I just wanted advice and it seemed everytime the gt3 came up and when I simply said no I have had problems with it it seems everyone gets mad and says well its the best
The best for a budget, yes...I'm still interested in the problems you were having btw
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
FIRST OFF it was a 4pks and second off if you would start paying attention to threads I said I was doing one if each one single esc truck one double esc and I really don't care wether yall beloved it or not because it happened and WHY WOULD YOU PAY 100$ FOR A RADIO WITHOUT A WARENTY AND A GARENTEE. If you bought a $50 battery with out a warrenty and you have problems with it before even getting to use NO you wouldnt!
Yea man, I know it was a 4pks...Figured since the radio was such junk you wouldnt want the lower priced version. The fact that Futaba did you so dirty wouldnt make you want to give them more of your money would it?

Whaaa, seriously stop crying. Are you buying two radios, one for each truck? You dont need 3 threads asking the same question, I dont care how many trucks you are building...If you are building them in the next month then you should have 1 thread, that is all you need.

Believe it or not, we are trying to help you. You may think that I am being silly and I should just leave you alone but having less threads with more information in each one makes it easier for people who have questions (like you) to find good information without searching all day (you should try that too, your questions have been answered before although you probably dont like the answers that were given).

Quote:
LosiKid is not mad, he is simply trying to figure out what issues you were/are having so that he knows and can possibly help you. So far all you have said about it is that you had "problems" with it and you dont want another one. He does sell those radios and the hack so it would be good for him to know about any issues that no one is aware of...If you sold something would you like to know that you sell "junk" so you can take care of the problems?

In your original thread I recommended the GT3B based on the fact that you said you had a strict budget:

Quote:
I'm buying a rc4wd bully moa 2.2 kit for 280$ New my budget is 550$
If you want to run duals you only have so many options because you need on the fly mixing. 4PL, 4PK(s), GT3B, or a stick radio...Now make your decision.

If you have more questions on this subject please keep it within one of the 3 threads you have already started...
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
Proverbial threadkiller

If you're (now) going twin ESC, and single steering servo, download and read the instructions for the Futaba 3PL 2.4gHz. If I read them right, you get channel mixing for a twin ESC setup, in addition to a two position third channel. Might want to wait it out and see if you can catch them on sale (usually around $100 on sale)

I love my 2PL, though it doesn't offer either mixing, nor the third channel. Then again, I don't need the third channel, so it suits me fine.

If you think you might be able to do a twin-stick, check out the 4YF 2.4gHz. It's right around $100 regular price. Who knows, maybe you can catch it on sale, but usually if they run a special, Tower tends to throw in a spare receiver rather than lower the price.

On the other hand, the wife has a Spektrum DX3S radio, and it does have mixing, but only on the steering channel. So if she got into crawling, she could do 4 wheel steering, but not dual ESCs. (I dunno, maybe with a y-harness, I haven't tried it yet.)

Just some food for thought. Enjoy.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: controller for XR-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
In your original thread I recommended the GT3B based on the fact that you said you had a strict budget:

If you want to run duals you only have so many options because you need on the fly mixing. 4PL, 4PK(s), GT3B, or a stick radio...Now make your decision....
OK, so no GT3B/C.....

Cheaper Futaba alternate, 3PM-x and a WantAmix. I have one on my dual ESC 2.2 Bully. It works well, has front & rear dig as well as "on the fly" proportional mixing.
It's a little cheaper than a 4PL or some other choices.

I don't know much about the Spektrum's, but I know some of the 3 channel ones also work with the WantAmix.

I don't use twin stick radios for ground stuff, but have guys in my club that do use them. They do well (one is the current National Overall champion!).
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

controller for xr10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jakesy's XR10 video thread ( latest vid-XR10 vs Bully) jakesy Videos! 28 05-15-2011 04:49 PM