Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Sidewinder micro is acting up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Sidewinder micro is acting up!

Need some ideas here, first, sidewinder micro, 55t motor, cc-01 , gt3b radio and 3ch receiver, I have programmed with castle link, brushed, several times, I have removed the on/off switch, I have tried with the on board bec and removing the red wire and using a castle bec, and the problem is as follows, first time it armed up fine, went through the lights and whistles and did move the motor forward and reverse fine, I then went and tried to adjust the servo horn, it glitches and it stops arming, just a green flashing light, I tried to reprogram the radio to the esc and no go, I reprogram with the link and it checks out, I put on the truck and it wont arm, i do this several times, tried every scenario, changed batts, unhooked the servo, reversed the channel and nothing happens! I give up after a couple hours, last night I took another castle mamba esc to try out all the other electronics and they all work fine, I then decide to try the micro and what do you know? It arms and works perfectly, I then try to fix the steering servo at the horn and bam, the micro goes crazy again I am at loss here, I mean why would it work so erratically?
Sorry for the extra long rant but I tried to be as thorough as possible.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sidewinder micro is acting up!

Any ideas? I really don't want to spend $25 just to ship it back to castle
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sidewinder micro is acting up!

Well since no one came to my rescue, I kept on tinkering with my esc, and found out that, if turn the esc on to program, and I just give the throttle a quick pull forward to reverse and let go, it finds the neutral place and it works, but if I try and do the whole sequence, you know full forward , it won't programn or arm , weird since the other two castle esc I tried with the same setup went through the whole process normally, expo, d/r and trims are were they should be, well at least its working now.

Sidewinder micro is acting up! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sidewinder with a cc bec,works great but Can I swap it out for a Micro sidewinder? username Electronics 3 04-04-2009 10:11 PM