Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Timing and heat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Timing and heat

Hi. I have a tekin redline 21.5t brushless/sensored w/a ccmmp. Lipo 3s (thunderpower). rc4wd 2 speed trans. While trying to get this thing to run without cogging in high gear I programed the timing to 15 deg (High according to castlelink program). Needless to say, it was the sensor cable that was the problem. Third one I tried worked. Are there certain cables that are better than others?
As for the timing, I have run this rig in high gear wide open for 20 min. Checked the motor, virtually cold. Then crawled for the same amount of time and it was a lot of torque required crawling. Again, virtually no heat from the motor.
So, should I leave the timing high?? What would be the advantages/disadvantages to this.
Every time I think I'm getting a grip on this it turns out that are yet another dozen things I have to learn.
So, while we are at it, I cut the red wire on the throttle lead when I installed a bec. Now I have to reconnect the wire every time I want to use the castle link? Kind of a pain.
Thanks for any help.
40 grit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Timing and heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 grit View Post
Hi. I have a tekin redline 21.5t brushless/sensored w/a ccmmp. Lipo 3s (thunderpower). rc4wd 2 speed trans. While trying to get this thing to run without cogging in high gear I programed the timing to 15 deg (High according to castlelink program). Needless to say, it was the sensor cable that was the problem. Third one I tried worked. Are there certain cables that are better than others?
As for the timing, I have run this rig in high gear wide open for 20 min. Checked the motor, virtually cold. Then crawled for the same amount of time and it was a lot of torque required crawling. Again, virtually no heat from the motor.
So, should I leave the timing high?? What would be the advantages/disadvantages to this.
Every time I think I'm getting a grip on this it turns out that are yet another dozen things I have to learn.
So, while we are at it, I cut the red wire on the throttle lead when I installed a bec. Now I have to reconnect the wire every time I want to use the castle link? Kind of a pain.
Thanks for any help.
If it runs cool you can leave it, shouldnt hurt anything if it is not overheating.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote

Timing and heat - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7t puller timing? J-FAB NOR-CAL Electronics 2 12-29-2011 09:57 PM
How much timing is too much? WraithCrawler Electronics 8 12-13-2011 02:13 PM
Timing question chops1sc Electronics 8 03-11-2009 06:57 AM
timing badltl510 Electronics 5 03-04-2007 07:06 PM
timing motors davidcrawls Chit Chat 4 01-28-2007 10:17 AM