Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Flysky FS-iT4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #61

Default Re: Flysky FS-iT4

Man I wish this thing could be hacked! Soo much potential! All I really need is the ability to run a winch but I could always get the module to allow me to do that. Not sure how handy the telemetry stuff would be. Other then the temperature what are y'all using the telemetry for?
gtrplaya101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #62

I use it to watch the motor temp and lipo voltage. Why is it a winch can't be used? I don't have one yet but i have an open channel, and i think it would me easier since you can hold the channel button to activate and release. I an not to sure how the winches work on RC.
skaterpunk0187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #63

I believe a winch requires a 3 position switch. -100, 0 , 100.

The buttons on the it4 are only 2 position switches
gtrplaya101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #64

Can't channel 3 or 4 be set to a Trim button? It takes a bit longer but then you would be able to control the speed of the winch. I dont have a winch to test but it works with the ESC in channel 4 and a winch is just a small motor so I would think it would work
Old 02-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #65

I have one of these, and I am running a winch on ch 4. Can control it with the trim button, or sw2 will mix my steering with ch4 and I can use the wheel.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
TnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #66

I have a FS- iT4 and I have a problem.

I donīt know if itīs only my radio or if it happens with all the radios.

I have 3 receivers for 3 different cars. So far so good.

The problem is, when I bind the radio to one receiver, he unpaired all the others.

This radio has 20 memories.
That allows me to bind until 20 receivers and use it in 20 different cars, one at a time.

For example, imagine Iīm driving one car, and if I want to drive another car, I always need to bind the radio with the receiver. That is not well.

The radio saves the memories, but not the bind of more than 1 receiver.

Do you guys that have rádios like this, tryed already to bind to more than 1 receiver?

rop39301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #67

Does anyone know of a hard case that will fit this radio ok?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #68

ROP39301
I have the same problems.
Anybody else have issues with these (FS-iT4) not retaining previously bound receiver? I have four of these controllers each connected to some of my 18 cars/trucks. And with each bind all previous binds are lost. In fact the new bind replaces the bind on ALL models on that particular transmitter. The only good thing is that the individual car profiles are not lost each time... servo trims, ch assignments, expo's etc.... I'm using the new Fly Sky FS-iR4 AFHDS 2 Receiver in each car. Other than that, and the occasional intermittent transmitter RESTART yes i said restart (a brief disconnect from the car)... I LOVE THIS THING..

losikid we need a firmware... FlySky we need a fix... It would also be nice to have a Save/Lock under each car profile.

Not looking for any "I told you soooo's" or other haters.. just curious if anybody else has experienced this. The firmware currently on each transmitter is 1.01-US (10-12-2012)

Is this how model memory for a transmitter is supposed to work?
Jedi1MasterOf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #69
Rock Stacker

I was talking to a budy of mine that did some research on this and he found that you can have multiple cars bound to the controller without losing them but you need a series of recievers. they are numbered sequentially So you have reciever 1,2,3 there are numbers to look for on the recievers at the end of the serial number. Don't remember all the details he told me but said that should allow you to have I believe up to 4 cars saved in the transmitter.
Leadchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #70

I send a mail to Flysky and they answer me saying that this radio works in a different system from all the others.

He works in a 2 way system.

He send information to the receiver, but he also receives info from the receiver (Amp. of car battery, and starts to bip warning us before the car battery goes down).

Itīs boring to bind every time we change receiver, but nothing to do.
rop39301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadchucker View Post
but you need a series of recievers. they are numbered sequentially So you have reciever 1,2,3 there are numbers to look for on the recievers at the end of the serial number
so your thinking sequentiall serial numbered receivers bound to a single transmitter? ex. 00556 00557 00558 and so on... like that'll happen I'll need to check my 9 i bought and check my numbers... time for an experiment.
Jedi1MasterOf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #72

Any luck with sequential rx's? Constant re-binding is getting old lol.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #73

My rx twitches bad, I have had the it4 for a while now but it has not been good at all. The telemetry and other bells and whistles is not enough to outweigh the problems on this radio. I am fortunately am going back to gt3b.

Last edited by outoforder; 03-03-2013 at 04:21 PM.
outoforder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #74

I am waiting for more receivers but the binding process actually binds the transmitter to the receiver and not the receiver to the transmitter. You have to make sure you change the model memory to a different "model" before you bind the next receiver otherwise you are binding over the RX you previously bound

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterpunk0187 View Post
I am waiting for more receivers but the binding process actually binds the transmitter to the receiver and not the receiver to the transmitter. You have to make sure you change the model memory to a different "model" before you bind the next receiver otherwise you are binding over the RX you previously bound

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Huh??

Unless this TX is different from the GT3B/GT3C, you bind a RX to the TX, then the model memory you select remembers the RX bound to those settings.

No, I do not have this TX, but I have other FlySky radios as well as multiple Futaba radios......
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #76

Yes the tx is bound to the rx thus is how it is with all radios fly sky futaba spektrum ect. That is why it us not possible to bind one RX with two TX. The manufacturers us a proprietary radio to communicate like DMS fass fhss. When the RX is bound they store the channel (similar how WiFi access points use channels 1, 2, 3 ect) and the encryption to protect from cross talk if two people are using that same TX. The TX holds the settings of the model.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #77

ok guys I got one of these today and the steering n throttle work perfect. Channel 3 however is not. I use channel 3 to shift my two speed trans. When I hit the button it shifts n then goes back to first gear. I have got the end points set but how do I get the servo to just swap between two positions???????
I am new to rc cars n my buddy recommended me getting this controller. He has the older 3 channel one and it was easy to set it up with his controller and one of his extra receivers. Its not so easy on this on though.
tnspark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #78

ok guys I got it figured out. You have to got to your channels n change it to TOG
tnspark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #79

I have borrowed an Absima CR4T radio for testing >>> www.absima.de: CR4T
It is the same as FS-iT4, only in different case. I found a quite interesting thing - please check your iT-4 radios menu, go to the "RX setup" screen. Do you have an "AFHDS2" feature in the list? The Absima has it, but this feature is not mentioned in both manuals for Absima and Flysky. The magic is, if you uncheck this feature, you can bind and use the older 3-channel receivers, used with GT2 and GT3B/C radios. Just tested it yesterday.
305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #80
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305 View Post
I have borrowed an Absima CR4T radio for testing >>> www.absima.de: CR4T
It is the same as FS-iT4, only in different case. I found a quite interesting thing - please check your iT-4 radios menu, go to the "RX setup" screen. Do you have an "AFHDS2" feature in the list? The Absima has it, but this feature is not mentioned in both manuals for Absima and Flysky. The magic is, if you uncheck this feature, you can bind and use the older 3-channel receivers, used with GT2 and GT3B/C radios. Just tested it yesterday.
Interesting, i'll have to dig out my it4 and see if its got that feature...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/415424-flysky-fs-it4.html
Posted By For Type Date
new flysky rc radio - All things electric... - Tamiyaclub.com Forums This thread Refback 02-17-2013 09:16 AM

Flysky FS-iT4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky fs-t6? Tgreer Electronics 12 09-16-2013 04:13 AM
FlySky troubleshooting WAM Electronics 10 06-11-2012 07:33 AM
Help me get my flysky working PLEASE! WestTxRc Electronics 14 11-18-2011 10:28 AM
FlySky GT-2 TX WAM Electronics 6 09-19-2011 06:55 PM
flysky gt3b EMUTT Electronics 14 09-07-2011 11:13 AM