Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX6i mixing issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #1

Default Spektrum DX6i mixing issues

Hey All,

Im just finishing up my first ever crawler build on an Axial XR10 with Tekkin FXR's, Spektrum AR1000e Rx and a Spektrum DX6i Tx (originally Mode 1, but i did the mode hack to set it to mode 2 - no hardware changes).

I've managed to bind my Rx, configure the ESC's and setup basic mixing. I've set it up so the left stick (throttle) controls the rear esc, right stick (elevator) controls the front esc, right stick (aileron) controls the servo.

Those of you who have the DX6i (possibly applies to other Spektrum Tx's) know that you cant have the Throttle as a slave in the mix, so I've set Throttle as the master, with elevator as the slave, set constantly on, U/D 100% with trim inh.

The mixing works perfectly, however, I've found that you can stick control the front esc independently with the right stick whilst using the right stick to steer - this is undesirable because unless you have perfect control and accuracy it causes the front set of wheels to drag or go in reverse - hoping that makes sense.

Now im wondering if anyone knows how to disable the control of the ESC with the right stick leaving F/R to be controlled in the left stick when mixing is enabled, leaving just the steering in the right stick?

Im sure theres a way to hack the wiring and feed both ESC's into the Rx throttle slot, but I'm sure that its not recommended and would possibly cause problems.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to advice/suggestions.

Thanks.
dcharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Spektrum DX6i mixing issues

Can you set the 2nd mix to have the stick direction disabled? Then use a switch to turn off that stick?

With my dx6i. I have a mode 2
Throttle is front esc
Rud-steering
Ele-Rear esc

When I pull back on the ele its actually my dig. You can also power it forward for proportional drive.
On my sure I have the set up the same,using the Ali for rear steer, I have the Ali mixed with the Ali and use the switch next to the throttle cut to turn off the rear steer.
With this switch activated,you move the stick and it does nothing. Sound like you want to use something like this.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #3

I have the ability to set a second mix, but Im not sure how to configure it so it would disable the ele control in the right stick...

what settings would i use to do this?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I have mixed the channel together
Ali---->Ali
L- -100% R- -100%

Switch is alie d/r

With the switch operated this stick does nothing, the only thing is it might cut power to the esc.

That's how mine is set,that's for the alie. You would have to set it for what channel you want turned off.

Hopefully this helps you out mate, not sending you on a bum steer
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I think yours is the same as mine dx-7se w/a ar6110 .I had that same problem as you the first time u used it for a 4 wheeler instead of a heli. IIRC set the aileron and throttle to %0 in the mixing screen. if you find you're still "mixing" .
I think I took the tx out of stunt mode AND for good measure reduced the 4 point curves on the aileron and throttle to flat line (bring each adjust point in the graph all the way down).
Hope this helps.
08sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #6

I just figured out how to get this working - using filotr14lsdude's advice.

i set Mix 2 to ele -> ele, D/U -100% and bound it to the same switch i used for Mix1 and it works a treat - disables the acceleration in the right stick when 4wd is activated by mix 1.

thanks guys!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Glad it was useful

Spektrum DX6i mixing issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help dx6i mixing Satanicfly Electronics 23 10-14-2012 05:26 PM
How to get rear move reverse before front DUAL ESC DX6i Need a Dx6i mixing Guru toy4crawlin Electronics 6 10-26-2011 11:55 AM
dx6i mixing out4crawlin Electronics 9 12-28-2010 10:42 PM
DX6i mixing and expo set up for MOA souler Electronics 5 07-27-2010 09:12 PM
DX6i mixing 2 esc's B18B1LS1 Electronics 12 03-03-2010 05:42 PM