Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL, HH BRXL, and my wiring mess...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Futaba 4PL, HH BRXL, and my wiring mess...

Okay, so this is my first time building a kit or any RC. Im at the point of wiring electronics in my build and I just want to be sure I have everything where it should be since there seems to be 89 different wiring diagrams on how to do the same thing.

Since I am using the Castle BEC to power the servo I have removed the red wire from the BRXL's wiring going to the receiver as I read you are supposed to do. Does it matter which way the remaining two wires plug into the receiver? There is no direction the BRXL will plug into the 4PL, it will go either way. Brown on one side, orange on the other? Same for the servo yellow wire, should it be on a certain terminal of the 3 in the slot? Left side, right side?

Am I fine to power the receiver off the battery with the Futaba supplied switch as I have in the diagram below? Is it bad to power it directly off the battery as I have it? Too much voltage? I looked at another wiring diagram and it didn't show anything going to the "BAT" terminal on the receiver, so I tried to power it up and obviously it wouldn't power due to no battery connection - I'll throw that diagram in the trash.

I have the Axial light bar and 5-string LED kit. I was going to use the power coming off the BEC to power the lights but its so dim, a kitchen match would be brighter. I unplugged my front lights from the Axial light controller and plugged the light bar into it and it was bright as it should be. Should I pick up another Axial light controller? Even direct power off the 3S LiPo was extremely dim.

Sorry for all the questions and extreme noobie-ness, I tried searching and couldnt find what I was after. I'd rather get it right the first time than cook a few hundred dollars worth of electronics.

KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Futaba 4PL, HH BRXL, and my wiring mess...

I cant imagine 3s voltage is good for most receivers.

You are powering the servo directly from the bec so let the esc power the rx. Plug the esc red wire back in and forget the on/off switch from battery to rx.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ok good. I shouldn't get any glitching with the red wire plugged in then? I was thinking the voltage from a 3S might be too much for the receiver.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looking at the 5 LED light string it seems as though it takes 18V to properly operate. Any ideas how to work with this?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You don't need to use the BAT connection on the RX, you can power it through any of the servo connectors too so just do as Jus suggested. You can also power LEDs and any future servos or accessories through the RX, the BRXL has a 5A switching BEC so you have plenty to spare.

On the 4PL RX (and I believe most RXs) the pins closer to the edge are ground (black or brown), power + in the middle (red) and the innermost pins are signal (white or yellow).

I don't know anything about those LED kits so I can't help you there.

Enjoy the new toy
YJ_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Futaba 4PL, HH BRXL, and my wiring mess... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HH brxl dual motor wiring inkdaddy66 Electronics 3 08-22-2011 12:41 PM
Futaba 4PL Range-Fenix Electronics 7 11-30-2010 03:52 AM