Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: RC4Wd Outcry system problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #1

Default RC4Wd Outcry system problem

I just bought and returned a brand new RC4Wd outcry crawler brushless system.
It did Not work, the esc fan and the servo worked fine, but the motor had no reverse and forward was only intermittent operation and very jerky, no modulation. Even that quit working, it made a noise a little jerk and then no motor operation at all. It had a built in 3 amp turbo BEC, I wonder if that was enough for my Airtronics digital servo #94780 423 oz tq. I unplugged the servo though and it made no difference,
I was using a 6 cell nimh 4300 mah battery.

Thinking about the following.

I am thinking about a Timbuk2 or Goat brushless combo for my customized aluminum Tamiya CR-01 Crawler/rock racer.
It has an Airtronics # 94780 High Power Digital Servo 361 0z tq @4.8v and 423oz tq @6v

I like the timbuk2 but wonder if the BEC is enough for my servo? I do NOT want to have to install an external BEC, I am not into soldering.

The Goat has the 5 amp BEC but again I am not into soldering, does the goat come with plug ins like the Timbuk2? if not why not?

I just bought and returned a RC4Wd Outcry brushless system, it did not work. The servo and esc fan worked fine, but the motor had no reverse and only intermittent jerky forward and even that quit.
I need some detailed expert technical help please.
I want something I can just plug and play.

I sent this to Novak for input, but you guys probably have more answers than they do.
Thanks for any help.
rick700raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

RC4Wd Outcry system problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd xr4/outcry esc problem (help wanted) Trailsfinder2012 Electronics 2 09-17-2012 06:37 PM
Problem with two different OutCry Crawler ESC and BEC Predator Electronics 5 01-22-2012 05:30 PM
Problem with Tekin RS system in my LCC, will a BEC fix my problem? rcboy514 Electronics 3 01-12-2012 05:55 PM
?How to?CC Bec and RC4WD Outcry Big Pitt Electronics 5 05-10-2011 06:04 PM
Rc4wd outcry esc problem anyone else???? losiredcatcrawler Electronics 2 03-08-2010 09:11 PM