Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: micro pro's W/Holmes 540 pro motor. help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default micro pro's W/Holmes 540 pro motor. help.

First off thanks to holmes hobbies for fast shipping.
I have 2 Holmes hobbies 540 crawlmaster pro 16T motors with 6* of timing. so I need to hook my pos and negative motor side to pos and negative on esc side. So when I do this my rig/motors rotate backwards when pull throttle to go forward. Esc light up green while doing so. My 4pl throttle/ch4 are set in rev. If I change this to normal rig will move forward but esc's will light up red (reverse).
My esc's are mamba micro pro's the only way I can get rig/motors/esc's to work together is like so. Motor wired pos to pos/neg to neg, 4pl throttle/ch4 set to rev, CC mamba mamba micro pro's Motor rotation set to reverse NOT NORM.
So does this seem correct? Set up this way when I pull throttle to move forward both esc's light up green. But by changing motor rotation on esc's via. CC link from norm to rev. Is that the same as wiring motors pos to neg?
Hope I explained correct.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: micro pro's W/Holmes 540 pro motor. help.

Yes, it would be the same as just swapping the wires on the ESC. It could be a bug in the micro pro software, I would be interested to put a voltmeter on one. Otherwise your motors may have been labeled front/rear wrongly. Are you familiar with motor timing to double check our work?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Nope...but wish i did know more about motor timing....looks like I'm about to learn me some! below is pic of rear motor w/timing marks

does that tell you anything??????? LOL THANKS!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you ordered a "pair of motors for a MoA set-up" each motor should have a label, etc. that shows which motor goes to the front vs. the rear.

If you didn't see the marks/label, you may have swapped the front & rear motors.
This would change the speed of the motors in "forward" vs. "reverse".

Some radios require you to "reverse the throttle channel" (Futaba is one) to make the trigger work correctly with the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

thanks CharlieIII..... So thinking maybe??? Like John said motors got marked F/R incorrcetly(MAYBE). So I swap Front motor to the rear axle and Rear motor to Front axle reset my CC mamba pro esc's motor rotation back to norm.
All works perfect.............. When I pull triger on 4pl to move rig/motor foward esc's green light comes on and rig moves foward.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

That is a proper rear motor, if you run it on the front it will die quickly from wrong timing.

http://www.holmeshobbies.com/blog/?page_id=373
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
thanks Charlie-III..... So thinking maybe??? Like John said motors got marked F/R incorrectly(MAYBE). So I swap Front motor to the rear axle and Rear motor to Front axle reset my CC mamba pro ESC's motor rotation back to norm.
All works perfect.............. When I pull trigger on 4PL to move rig/motor forward ESC's green light comes on and rig moves forward.
Are you saying you did the swap and it worked, or, are you asking?

Whatever the case, any "changes" are easy, even for someone new. Feel free to ask here, multiple people are willing to help.

PS, sorry for the corrections to your post.......it makes searches down the road better.

Dang.....JRH beat me.....I didn't even get to feel the pain.......sigh.

Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Alright Guys...... sucks somthing so easy gave me such a hard time. pics below show my timing... hoping "someone" can confirm that all is good. Rig runs good....just nice to have it confirmed. wondering if the front should be just a hair faster (speed matched motors) ????????????? Thanks for your time
Front motor

REAR MOTOR

micro pro's W/Holmes 540 pro motor. help. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Team, Pro, and Custom motor Tech JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 100 07-25-2019 01:56 PM
Holmes Hobbie TorqueMaster Pro Handwound 540 Brushed motor work with Traxxas xl-5 esc raiders32 Electronics 7 11-12-2011 07:24 AM
Kaetwo’s Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster Pro 540 review kaetwo Electronics 5 07-22-2011 10:26 AM