Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: MMP help please..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default MMP help please..

Ok first of all i just wanna say i hav searched and read alot but still havent found the anser to my problem.. I am running a MMP with a Losi Insane motor, 12t pinion, on 2s in my MRC, everyhting has been awesome until recently. my favorite setup of all my minis.. BUT lately it has been doing this thing where it will just sit there when i give it throttle, the green light is blinking like normal, but its not moving... ususally if i give it a lil more throttle it will all the sudden take off like a jet!! NO GOOD.. Somtimes i bump it in reverse and it will work again no issues.. i have recalibrated, tried many new batteries, checked wiring, and searched and searched but im STUCK on this one.. any one have any ideas? i hope my info was detailed enough, i would have continued on reading but after reading as much as i have with no luck and it getting late i just had to ask you guys so i could fix this!! . thanks for any info or help!!!
lowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MMP help please..

Have you tried upgrading the firmware in the ESC? May need a reflash.
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

No i havent tried that.. I have all of mine set on 1.24, the only reason i have em there is because i read that it was the best firmware to run for crawlers?? That is one thing im unclear on as far as the programming goes.. any advice on which firmware may work better? im willing to try anything,.. much more of this and tha FXR will be replacing it, and i really like tha MMP ... thank u so much
Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

What version Firmware is everyone running? 1.24? It seems to work good with dual set up in my berg.. IM so flusterated!! Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Most like not the esc that is faulty.

Have you pulled the brushes to see if there is anything left of them? Being that you get life out of the motor when going in reverse this would suggest the brushes are the culprit.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

No i havent, i havent got into the internals of motors yet.. Guess its time to do some more reading and figure out how to check em,,, its a cheap motor so ill order another one also... thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I haven't had to much success (old eyes) in rebuilding the 280-400 size brushless motors in the past. It has always been easier (for me) to replace them but before you replace the motor just make sure its the brushes that are worn. You will find it will be that one brush is worn more than the other.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I would start with the motor I've got a b1r and a promax motor it was doing the same thing and it was the brushes and comm being filthy
mikro383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

After doing my research I have figured out how to check brushes and com, I also went ahead and ordered another motor, so im tearing it dowm, decasing my MMP and noticed that where the white wire attaches to tha board is burnt All around it and on the backside the little black plastic piece is melted.. I had noticed my white wire fill out a week or so ago, And that it was getting hot More than usual. Anyone ever deal with this?? I had my white wire cut and heat shrink On it so I have no idea how this could have happened,.. I know I have everything wired correctly I just don't understand how This happens with a brand-new ESC?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

MMP help please.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mmp vs rs losikid Electronics 46 10-30-2011 10:36 PM
MMP vs BR-XL 70duncan Electronics 4 08-16-2010 10:01 PM