Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: wiring question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default wiring question.

i have 2 integy 55t lathe motors for a clodbuster and im wanting to run 2 esc so that if one stops working i only have to replace the broken one, and would like to be able to run a single 2s lipo.

i have 2 traxxas xl5 brushed esc, a y harness, a foot of red 12 gauge wire and a foot of black 12 gauge wire.

i know one motor has to spin in the opposite direction but is there anything special that i would have to do for it to work properly with a spektrum dx3c?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Are you running a dual motor plate with both motors, and two esc's?
If so you need to pull the red power wire from the 3 wire plug on one of the esc's I usually just do it on the y conector saves destroying your esc wire, an that stops both esc's from
Trying to power your receiver at once, but you must always power up the esc that has the red wire first then start the secondary esc. And as for motors you need to reverse one (if your using a dual plate) or they will work against esc other and that's as simple as just reversing the wiring ex. Red to black and black to red. Hope this helps. If you're still a bit lost there is a great tutorial on YouTube
CiLyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiLyX View Post
Are you running a dual motor plate with both motors, and two esc's?
If so you need to pull the red power wire from the 3 wire plug on one of the esc's I usually just do it on the y conector saves destroying your esc wire, an that stops both esc's from
Trying to power your receiver at once, but you must always power up the esc that has the red wire first then start the secondary esc. And as for motors you need to reverse one (if your using a dual plate) or they will work against esc other and that's as simple as just reversing the wiring ex. Red to black and black to red. Hope this helps. If you're still a bit lost there is a great tutorial on YouTube
its one motor on each axle, like an xr10 for example. im just not trying to put a lot of money into an rc that may be older than me(im 22).

Old 12-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Ahh Okies I think the same principle applys with reversing wires you'll just have to check if they drive normal or towards each other and try and snap your rig in half lol as for the rest of the wiring you'll be fine if you follow what I wrote above
Take a look at this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/aADN7iCx9E4
CiLyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiLyX View Post
Ahh Okies I think the same principle applys with reversing wires you'll just have to check if they drive normal or towards each other and try and snap your rig in half lol as for the rest of the wiring you'll be fine if you follow what I wrote above
Take a look at this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/aADN7iCx9E4
thanks. thats what i was looking for.

wiring question. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wiring question jayross101 Axial Wraith 6 11-27-2012 05:30 AM
1:1 wiring question '83 chevy Chit Chat 4 12-05-2006 09:08 PM
Wiring question??? davebtlt1 Newbie General 3 11-15-2006 03:36 PM
wiring question? shrek Electronics 1 02-14-2006 08:24 AM