Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: rc4wd radio/rx issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default rc4wd radio/rx issues

so i just got a new rx for my 4 channel rc4wd radio. after hooking everything up and binding it to my radio, it will just randomly lose the signal. thought it may b loose wires but all the wires are fine and fit tight onto the posts in the rx. it can just be sitting on my bench with no input from the radio whatsoever and the light on the rx starts flickering and fading..and the truck loses signal and takes off.. i have it sitting up off the table so it can't actually drive away..but after a few moments it regains signal and is ok..then a few minutes later , same thing... my batteries in the radio are new as well..and fully charged lipo...i know it isn't my new esc, or the bec..because it loses the signal wether the bec is plugged in or just the esc is plugged in..and i've tried plugging them into other channels on the rx just to see...and no matter where things are plugged in, the loss of signal randomly still occurs..any help would be appreciated...i'm in the process of trying to return it for another rx..just don't know what else it could be...i tried a different radio and rx and it worked fine with no signal loss..and also hooked my wifes rc4wd radio up and bound it to my rx...and it still lost signal with hers also.. could the brand new rx be no good ?? i'm beginning to think so..
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: rc4wd radio/rx issues

I bought the same RX/TX combo from a member on here that came with 8 RX's total. I have only bound 3 of them so far with no issues. The fact that you were binding your wifes radio to the same RX and it kept fading makes me think your RX may be NFG
Phins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

wow...so after not hearing a word from rc4wd about my problems with the rx i bought...i ordered another one from rpphobby so i can get my truck going again...and wouldn't you know it...the 2nd ,brand new receiver, is doing the same thing the 1st one i bought did....losing signal nonstop....tried all the same steps i did with my other new rx..and got the same results...seriously !!! i got off th ephone with corey?(cory) from rpphobby..great guy..had me send another email to him and he's gonna try n help me get in touch with them..i lso sent another email to them..maybe they will respond to this one...i'm seriously getting fed up..my radio will work with my wifes rx (same radio/rx combo) it will bidn and work fine with her rx...but i can't get either of our radios to bind with these new rx's.......
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to hear that. Ive only had to call RC4WD once and got great service from them on a winch I bought that didnt work. Not only did they replace it free but sent an extra 2 motors with the new 1 on top of the 1 that comes with the winch. Good luck
Phins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I couldn't find a number to call them anywhere..only email..and they haven't responded yet..hoping corey from rpp can gwt me some help..like the radio..n my wifes works fine, as did mine with yhe old rx...but both new rx's are acting the same..losing signal...lol ..if they can't figure it out I'll prolly return thw new rx's and just get. A different radio
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I'm having issues with my xr3 tx. Glitching throttle with or without me touching it, if I turn my throttle max way down it the glitching changes too, that's what leads me to believe its the tx not the RX. Any ideas because rc4wd hasnt gotten back to me yet.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
norcalmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RC4WD radio/rx issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmk2 View Post
I'm having issues with my xr3 TX. Glitching throttle with or without me touching it, if I turn my throttle max way down it the glitching changes too, that's what leads me to believe its the TX not the RX. Any ideas because RC4WD hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Did you try recalibrating the ESC to the RX?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Yes a few times. I also just noticed today that my 3rd channel is glitching as well...3 pos. dig for r2d trans. They got back to me said it could be something else. But since it changes when I turn the throttle max way down it should be in the tx. Not on the rig.

norcalmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

rc4wd radio/rx issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD XVD issues craddock35 Axial Wraith 12 08-18-2012 09:42 PM
Servo/radio issues WestTxRc Electronics 4 11-15-2011 01:55 PM
New radio and servo: issues solomon7 Electronics 5 04-23-2008 01:52 AM
January '08 issues of RC Driver and Radio Control Car Action RXcrawler RC Rock Crawling Worlds 34 12-21-2007 07:05 AM