Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: venom lipo's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default venom lipo's?

the guy at my hobby shop tels me they are prone to exploding. something about a tab on the cells breaks off, then they explode. i was interested in the 2s 10,000, but i dont know now. any opinions? people having problems with them?
desertmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: venom lipo's?

I have a 3s 2100mah venom lipo and it's been fine far. My friend has one as well and hasn't had any issues. That also have a 1-year warranty I believe.
Nimyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #3

Ive never heard of them exploding but i have seen some puff and one lose charge.
Smilymike117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I have 2 Venom lipo's. One was my first rc lipo. 2s 4,000 mah 20c that cost me $40 if I remember correctly. Was about 3 years ago. It has been the best Lipo i have had. Hard case which is a plus. And it performs flawlessly. Balances quicker then any other battery I own and some are very top of the line brands. I have probably 175- 200 cycles on it now. And it has shown no signs of wearing out. Now the other Venom lipo I have is a 3s 5,400 mah. And it performs ok. Does not have as much power as some of my other 3s batteries. And always takes a ton of time at the end of the charge to balance. So I guess you could say my luck has been hit or miss on them. But in the 3s 5400's defense, it was very inexpensive for it's size. I paid like $35 at a hobby store for it. Just cause I needed one and I didn't have the cash to buy a better one at the store or order one online. I got the 3s 5400 about a year or so ago. looks completely different and is a soft case version.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have some 2s and 3s venom lipo's and have not had any issues. On one of my 3s I had a cell drop down to 1.7 volts (my fault) and had to bump charge it. It works fine now.
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have 2-2S 5000 packs and I've ran a few other Venom packs that were my friends, never had any issues with them. In fact, I bought my pair from a member on here that said there was a chance they were no good, hadn't been used in a LONG time. One pack was at 3.7v per cell, the other was below 2.0v per cell. Took my time bringing the lower one back to a safe level and it charges & discharges just as it should.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I have a Venom soft case 3s and two hard case 2s packs and they've worked great since new. I take very good care of my packs and never even let them reach the cutoff voltage of my ESC's. I have read on other forums about cold/broken solder joints in some Venom 2s hard packs, but they were replaced quickly under warranty.
Dirty 'Yota is offline   Reply With Quote

venom lipo's? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Skid plate for venom and Venom DIG Unit!!! crawlercop Venom Creeper 3 01-13-2010 07:13 PM