Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hacked Flysky GT3B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Hacked Flysky GT3B

I am just getting into the hobby. I am planning on building the new scx-10 kit when it comes out. I talked to a guy at RPP hobbies, and they say they are expecting delivery next month. Anyway off topic, I was looking at the Hacked GT3B from overkill RC (Home - OverkillRC), and was wondering if anyone has had dealings with them, or their product. Post mod, they say between trims and existing buttons the transmitter can be set up to have 8 channels. I really am only looking for 4 with endpoints for all, but this seems like an economical way to get what I need for starting out. Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
mszymanski25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I don't normally say this but. SEARCH

There are literally hundreds of topics on this. And a lot of recent stuff as well. In fact there is a huge thread all about the exact thing you are asking here that can't be more then a page or two deep in the electronics section.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Hacked Flysky GT3B

Please check out the FS-GT3B thread. It's several hundred pages long and LosiKID is very helpful and great to deal with.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

To save you searching here is a link to the thread:-

GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Lots of reading but well worth it as just about every question you have will have been answered.

HTH

Pete.
Pete Attryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yep.....good thoughts & a link provided.

Use the GT3B thread for info.

I run a hacked GT3B on a dual ESC MOA, very happy with it between the proportional mixing between ESC's and the front/rear dig.

If the hacked GT3B can't do what you need, it likely can't be done.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate the link to the thread, it answered my technical questions, but i was also looking for someone who had actually ordered from him. I didn't mean to waste anybody's time and didn't mean to offend him, but I was reading the overkill site and noticed that it was a guy that worked in his basement and just wanted to do some homework before I bought anything. But it does look like a good way for me to get started for a good price. Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

You'll notice guys with well over $1000 into there rigs using that radio. That's how you know it works. If a person that can easily buy an use a $400 radio decides to run and continues to run a $100 radio that's a good sign. Even myself, I have a older 3pk but I want more from my radio and fly sky is the way I'm going.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszymanski25 View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate the link to the thread, it answered my technical questions, but I was also looking for someone who had actually ordered from him. I didn't mean to waste anybody's time and didn't mean to offend him, but I was reading the overkill site and noticed that it was a guy that worked in his basement and just wanted to do some homework before I bought anything. But it does look like a good way for me to get started for a good price. Thanks again.
Almost everyone here ordered a hacked radio from LosiKid.
Others either bought a radio elsewhere and then LosiKids hack kit, or bought a hacked radio from someone else.

I have done multiple orders from OverkillRC/LosiKid with no issues.

Take it for what it's worth to you.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #9

It takes minimal skills to hack it yourself. Just do your homework beforehand.
gamedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

losikid is a great guy and will answer any technical questions you have, so will alot of members here in the hack/tech thread. Many of us here have hacked 3b/c's and they work well.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
that worked in his basement
Technically a dorm room...as i'm a full-time student and if i'm not in class or doing homework i'm working on radios or other overkillrc related business (right now i have alot of product dev going on, taxes, and a new website is in the works).

And i think its safe to say that 98% of the people in the gt3b thread got their radio from me or the parts to hack their radio from me...in case your wanting more feedback.

Edit: My name is Austin in case your wondering

Last edited by losikid; 01-18-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Forgot something
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Austin is great to work with...not sure how you missed a 300 page thread on this radio...
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

While I hacked my own radio, I have actually read quite a bit from and about losikid both here and on other boards. From all that reading, I would say that on top of what everyone else has said, he is knowledgable and have read almost nothing negative (there's always a whiner no matter how upstanding a person is).
If you want to buy a hacked radio - grab it from him - IMO best option for you.
And as far as the hacked radio - to once again echo others - love it, does everything it says, the only issue for some folks being a bit of a learning curve - but even with this he helps.
My 2 copper tossed in at any rate.
B94Cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Technically a dorm room...as i'm a full-time student and if i'm not in class or doing homework i'm working on radios or other overkillrc related business (right now i have alot of product dev going on, taxes, and a new website is in the works).

And i think its safe to say that 98% of the people in the gt3b thread got their radio from me or the parts to hack their radio from me...in case your wanting more feedback.

Edit: My name is Austin in case your wondering
You sound like a very hard working driven individual

uh... are you going to be losikid forever or will you update your screen name to losiman after you graduate
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
You sound like a very hard working driven individual

uh... are you going to be losikid forever or will you update your screen name to losiman after you graduate
It'll probably stay losikid, no reason to change it...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Someone mentioned the learning curve for programming the radio.

Well; I'm 71 years old, and if I can figure it out anyone that can read can also.

I have two radios running the 6.1 software and I wouldn't trade them for any other radio.
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
Suck it up!

Quote:
I didn't mean to waste anybody's time and didn't mean to offend him, but I was reading the overkill site and noticed that it was a guy that worked in his basement and just wanted to do some homework before I bought anything.
You'll find a lot of vendors here that offer products that come out of their basements/garages/dorm rooms/etc. Just because it doesn't come from a factory doesn't mean that the quality isn't there...its quite the opposite.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You'll find a lot of vendors here that offer products that come out of their basements/garages/dorm rooms/etc. Just because it doesn't come from a factory doesn't mean that the quality isn't there...its quite the opposite.
Yea, I actually figured that, I'm just new to the hobby, and I'm just getting my bearings. I have pretty much decided that ill get one from him, I'll probably buy the kit and do it myself. I'm in the electrical field, and pretty handy with a soldering iron, and hand tools. I really have nothing against people working out of their homes/wherever.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I plan on ordering one from LosiKid... well, if he ever gets the gt3C available on his website... I can buy the GT3C on eBay now.. does it use the same hack-kit as the 3B?
jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote

Hacked Flysky GT3B - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hacked GT3B help joely Electronics 7 09-12-2012 04:56 PM
Hacked FlySky GT3B vs Futaba 3PM-x & 4PL....... Charlie-III Electronics 32 05-24-2012 05:32 AM
~~~GIVEAWAY: OverkillRC Pre Hacked Flysky GT3B~~~ losikid Electronics 185 09-23-2011 07:48 AM
flysky gt3b EMUTT Electronics 14 09-07-2011 11:13 AM