RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   is my sv2 toast!?!?! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/423530-my-sv2-toast.html)

idk 01-17-2013 01:39 PM

is my sv2 toast!?!?!

was setuping my sv2 with a brood brushed motor novak 5amo bec and hobbico cs170 servo

changed the profile to brushed reversing set my drag to crawler mode plugged in my 3s 1300 mah sky lipo and turn on the tx all good hit the throotle still all good 5 sec later smoke and flames. pulled battery let it sit tried hook the 3s backup for a sec and all lights are on a servo centers. but am i safe to run it? is the brood ravage not compatiable with 3s?

i saw smoke and flames but its still comes on? what should my next move be?

mitchr97 01-17-2013 02:15 PM

Re: is my sv2 toast!?!?!

call castle

Deerhurst 01-17-2013 02:17 PM

How was the BEC hooked up? Did you remove the 3rd wore from the ESC plug on the receiver?

You let out magic smoke and flame. Its a goner.

Charlie-III 01-17-2013 02:30 PM

Smoke & flames from what??:shock:

ESC
Motor
BEC
Servo
Battery

Some of them...all of them?

In general, smoke & flames means it's dead, or soon will be.

Are the motor leads on the 2 different brush hoods, or on the same one (should be different hoods).
Did the rig move at all?

meatmonkey 01-17-2013 03:16 PM

Basic electronics:

Once the magic smoke leaves a component, it's dead. Only the factory can refill the magic smoke. lol.

Does yours do the "blinking red light of death" when plugged in? All three of my dead SV2's do that.

And pics of burnt parts please.

idk 01-17-2013 04:37 PM

ok was from the sv2 , bec is going to the battery wires at the xt60 plug servo red wire is cut and bec is wire to it. isnt this right?

idk 01-17-2013 04:40 PM

i email castle right away i waiting om a response i wasnt able to call. i tried it again about a 1hr later with a 2s battery and got nothing :afro:

idk 01-17-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4130099)
Smoke & flames from what??:shock:

ESC
Motor
BEC
Servo
Battery

Some of them...all of them?

In general, smoke & flames means it's dead, or soon will be.

Are the motor leads on the 2 different brush hoods, or on the same one (should be different hoods).
Did the rig move at all?

i only had the motor out not in the tranny to test all my connection but i had a fully range motor and steering control it handle low speed smoothly and reved up fine. this was maybe 1 min of run time and idle time turned it off came back maybe 5 mins later after installing the pinon and turn on the bec switch i must have left the esc switch on because the motor went nuts and thats when the smoke and flames happened?

idk 01-17-2013 05:40 PM

yes wire is cut to the from the esc to the rx. it blinks red yellow and gets hot almost instantly.