Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ****LCC Locked up and Won't Move****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

Exclamation ****LCC Locked up and Won't Move****

So I recently got a LCC and a Futaba 4pl and set it up following the Losi Crawler guide on Harley's "4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help" thread.

The Problem: When I engage the throttle forward or reverse the wheels don't move but I can hear the motor trying to move. The dig servo arm moves to 3 different positions, but the difference between middle and fully rearward is shorter/smaller than the middle and fully forward position. I guess that is normal?

Also I can't spin the wheels on the LCC when everything is off, they are locked up. Is this normal?

It has a Epic 21t motor and a Goat 3s(properly linked to transmitter).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
Joe226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ****LCC Locked up and Won't Move****

You can't spin the LCC wheels. The worms only work when the input shafts are turning. Sounds like something is bound up. The dig servo doesn't need a lot of travel to engage either way.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #3

It almost sounds like the motor is spinning (not really bound up), but I am not sure and I don't want to test it again to find out. I doubt it's good for the motor. It's hard to describe, the motor seems to get some resistance, but also seems to be spinning with very little throttle (barely even 1/8 throttle).

Any Ideas?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Pull the motor out of the trans and see if it runs free, that would eliminate an electronic issue.
Also with the motor out, see if you can spin the drive shafts by hand. As stated in a previous post, the LCC has worm gears in the axles so the only way to spin the wheels is to rotate the drive shafts.
If everything works with the motor out you may have had your pinion mesh to tight and it was causing the motor to stall.
rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #5
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe226 View Post
It almost sounds like the motor is spinning (not really bound up), but I am not sure and I don't want to test it again to find out. I doubt it's good for the motor. It's hard to describe, the motor seems to get some resistance, but also seems to be spinning with very little throttle (barely even 1/8 throttle).

Any Ideas?
Have you checked to see if the gear mesh is set properly, the spur gear isn't stripped, the set screw is tight on the motor pinon, can you turn the drivelines with your fingers?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #6

So I pulled the 2 covers off that expose the pinon and spur gear and instantly noticed the pinon gear was about 1/4'' away from the spur gear. Now, this is my first crawler and just got into electric RC's this last month, but even I was able to figure out (by deductive reasoning of course) that this was the root of the problem.

In my defense I got the LCC a couple weeks ago off another forum and just got my transmitter today to set everything up. The LCC came from Chicago so maybe on its long journey to California the motor rattled a little loose and spun away from the spur gear.

Needless to say I feel pretty stupid right now. At least I was right in saying that it sounded like the motor was spinning freely.

Thank you KILLSWITCH, rangercat23, and losikid for responding and all the suggestions.

I am going to go hide under a rock now and resurface later when my dignity is restored.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Gear covers are overrarated. I take them off everything
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe226 View Post
I am going to go hide under a rock now and resurface later when my dignity is restored.
It's all good, we all started in this hobby knowing slim to nothing at one point.
rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

No worries, when i first got my LNC i couldnt figure out for the life of me why my motor wouldn't move....It was unplugged. And this was after racing stadium trucks for 2 years straight. Just overlooked it.
Lukescb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercat23 View Post
It's all good, we all started in this hobby knowing slim to nothing at one point.
Some of us started RC before there was a "real Internet".....meaning before "Al Gore" invented it.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

****LCC Locked up and Won't Move**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diffs locked or not locked? aorquiz Formula Offroad 8 05-20-2011 09:58 PM
Nothing to see here move along............. sledge57 Testing 1 2 3 0 01-23-2010 07:57 PM
Axial AX10 Locked Axle Set and Locked Transmission Xtant3150c General Crawlers 13 07-22-2007 01:39 PM