RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   No steering (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/424894-no-steering.html)

adbradwell 01-25-2013 05:18 AM

No steering

Hi guys,

first of all sorry for my poor english. Im from Indonesia.

Really need your help. So I have a problem with my scx, I only have a throttle but no steering. I tried to swap the RX with the brand new one but stil no steering. Tried with another servo and still no luck.

for the info:
Rc : scx10
esc : axial ae2
tx and rx : flysky gt3b
servo : axial and fitec
batt : 2s 5600 and 3s 1600.

thanks before :)

tdevilman2009 01-25-2013 06:01 AM

Re: No steering

check the plugs that u plug into the reciver an make sure they are pluged in correctly that all i can think of it just sounds like u pluged the sterring servo plug in backwards make sure the i think the negative side of the plug should b on the out side hope this helps

SuperRoo 01-25-2013 09:54 AM

Also check your steering dual rates in the radio to make sure that they are all the way up or, well,, not all the way down. 0% = No Signal Output

Charlie-III 01-25-2013 06:46 PM

Try a different RX, or, plug the servo into the throttle channel to see if the throttle trigger moves the servo.

If it moves the servo, you may have an issue in the RX.
If it does not move the servo, the servo may have an issue.

BTW, the other suggestions are good to use as well.

adbradwell 01-25-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdevilman2009 (Post 4143485)
check the plugs that u plug into the reciver an make sure they are pluged in correctly that all i can think of it just sounds like u pluged the sterring servo plug in backwards make sure the i think the negative side of the plug should b on the out side hope this helps

already tried and no luck :roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperRoo (Post 4143798)
Also check your steering dual rates in the radio to make sure that they are all the way up or, well,, not all the way down. 0% = No Signal Output

the setting is still the same about 50%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4144746)
Try a different RX, or, plug the servo into the throttle channel to see if the throttle trigger moves the servo.

If it moves the servo, you may have an issue in the RX.
If it does not move the servo, the servo may have an issue.

BTW, the other suggestions are good to use as well.

when I tried to put the servo to the 3rd channel it only moved once. Tried it with 2 servo. The other one is brand new servo. and the other RX is also brand new.

mcap 01-25-2013 09:20 PM

Try recalibrating the radio to the ESC again! With all end points at neutral

envious8420 01-26-2013 07:54 AM

sounds like my dx3e that just died. steering would go to full lock and stay there. knocked the tx off the table and it worked again, but not for long.

Charlie-III 01-26-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcap (Post 4144986)
Try recalibrating the radio to the ESC again! With all end points at neutral

The ESC works, just no steering.

Swapping a servo into the throttle slot should work a servo if:
-The servo works
-The throttle/ESC works

Since you say the ESC works, but no steering, and the servo won't work in the throttle channel, sounds like multiple issues.

Does the new servo work in the steering channel?

You also state you tried a different RX, same issue.

I would rebind the TX to the RX, repeat the tests (calibrate the ESC to the RX, then the servo in throttle port on the RX, etc.)
Then, get back to us.

If the issue remains in the throttle channel with different RX's, your steering pot may be failing in the TX.

adbradwell 01-26-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4145471)
The ESC works, just no steering.

Swapping a servo into the throttle slot should work a servo if:
-The servo works
-The throttle/ESC works

Since you say the ESC works, but no steering, and the servo won't work in the throttle channel, sounds like multiple issues.

Does the new servo work in the steering channel?

You also state you tried a different RX, same issue.

I would rebind the TX to the RX, repeat the tests (calibrate the ESC to the RX, then the servo in throttle port on the RX, etc.)
Then, get back to us.

If the issue remains in the throttle channel with different RX's, your steering pot may be failing in the TX.

let me try those steps again. I'll let you know.

adbradwell 01-26-2013 08:16 PM

look like my tx is the one that having problem. when I try to put steering into the throttle channel it works just fine. So the next step is to dissamble the GT3b right? fiuh.....

Charlie-III 01-26-2013 10:36 PM

Re: No steering----- broken GT3B TX??

Likely.

Is this a "stock" GT3B or a hacked one?

LosiKid @ www.OverkillRC.com may be able to give some pointers on the inside of the radio.8)

adbradwell 01-26-2013 11:39 PM

Re: No steering----- broken GT3B TX??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4146607)
Likely.

Is this a "stock" GT3B or a hacked one?

LosiKid @ www.OverkillRC.com may be able to give some pointers on the inside of the radio.8)

this is stock TX.

Thx for the info I'll try to ask him "thumbsup"

nigelpheron 03-25-2013 07:40 AM

I'm having a similar issue. I'm going to try running different voltages to the servo, via some adustment, like resistors or potentiometer, and different voltages with battery cell number. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the amount of power going to the servo.

I will post my findings.