Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Bag-O-Parts MRC electronics help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Bag-O-Parts MRC electronics help!

Ok so I have read and looked at every electrical diagram on this forum and I still have a question on hooking everything up. I think my issue comes from trying to use random parts I had laying around to get this thing running. My controller is a Team Associated XP3 (3ch), My receiver is a HPI RF-2 (4ch) (they both use the same crystal and have worked on my old nitro), the ESC is a Novak 410-HPc, the motor is a stock MRC, Servo is stock MRC, Battery is a Nimh from Chris the battery man. I figured out how to wire in the ESC/battery/servo/motor into the receiver I think. I have the motor going to the ESC, the servo in slot 1 (steering) ESC in slot 2 (throttle). Where I am confused is how does the receiver get its power? How does the Losi receiver get its power? I don't want to add a second pack to power the receiver unless I need to. I hope all this makes some sense.

Edit: I got my battery in today. I hooked everything up (Steering in slot 1 and ESC on slot 2), The steering wouldn't work until I plugged in the extra battery pack, 4 AAs. I adjusted the ESC per the instructions on their site and it seemed to work until I hooked up the motor. When I would pull trigger nothing happened. I tested the ESC with my volt meter and I got 7.4v (Same volts as direct from battery). I hooked battery direct to the motor and it worked. So what is going on? I also tried a second RX (the match to the controller, Team Associated TR 402A, 4ch) with same results.

Last edited by rnemovr; 02-04-2013 at 07:34 PM.
rnemovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Bag-O-Parts MRC electronics help!

the power for the receiver will come from the esc. even the older model escs do this.. if your trying to run something from the 80's, you might need to add a battery pack (reciever pack), but the esc will power the receiver.

Even my escs that are over 10yrs old powered my receivers back then. as long as you have everything hooked up right it should work np. make sure the wires running to the receiver are right. meaning the signal, power and neg wire are in the right slots, not just the right channel.

I hope that helps some

Dominic
sisterfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Looking at the manual for the ESC ESC Manual, it has a built in BEC circuit that should power the RX (although investing in an external BEC in the future might be a good idea). So providing the red wire is still installed in the plug that goes to the RX you should be able to hook up a battery and switch on and it will all work.

Pete.
Pete Attryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

OK, Thanks. Hopefully the battery pack comes in tomorrow so I can hook it up and get this thing running.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

bump as I edited OP

Bag-O-Parts MRC electronics help! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carry bag for the MRC trainer Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 08-08-2009 07:29 AM
What parts Bag? tyerfryersc Tamiya Clod Buster 1 03-31-2007 11:23 AM