Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX6i for an MOA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 04:54 AM   #1

Default DX6i for an MOA

Ok..... i know this is an odd way to go about it but i'm old school and never did like them there pistol grip controllers.
Anyway i have just picked up a DX6i for $30 with the hope of running it in my Crawler build. the build is just in my head at the mo but this is what i want my DX6i to do. (Feed Back Please)
Thr, (Left Stick, Up&Down)-With no Mix = Front Esc.
Ele, (Right Stick, Up&Down)-With no Mix = Rear Esc.
Ail, (Right Stick, Left&Right) With Expo @ 100% To Slow down Steering Twitch.
Rud, (Left Stick, Left&Right) Disabled @ Travel Adj to 0%
Thu-With Mix1 Thr - Ele ACT RATE D +100% U +100% Switch Mix, This gives me (I Hope) Left Stick Both Front & Rear Esc's @ 100% Each
Thu-With Mix2 Thr - Ele ACT RATE D +100% U +50% Switch Ele, This gives me (I Hope) Left Stick Font Esc @ 100% & Rear @ 50% For Control Down Hill.
And note that i have reversed the Ail Servo for Left And Right Steering.

So.........All switches off no mix Thr=Front esc, Ele=Rear esc & Ail=Steering With Expo @ 100%. (Less Twitch)
Mix switch on (Mix1) Thr=Front & Rear esc's 100% Each.
Ele Switch on (Mix2) Thr=Front esc @ 100% & Rear esc @ 50%.
Ail Switch on Puts Steering back to being twitchy.
Now i Must Add That even tho i have the DX6i in front of me and the MONITOR SCREEN is doing every thing i want it to do as i switch the switches and as i move the sticks, I have not plugged or hooked up the RX / Servo / Front and Rear Esc's or any other part of the radio gear i plan on using.

Plus i should Add that i have done the left thumb stick Mod, I took the right hand plastic one off, used that as a template for the left hand one which i then cut out and made it look all nice, refitted the right hand one, cut 3x pin nails down to use as the pivot pin and the 2x bump stop pins and glued them in place and as i could not find anything to make the spring slider out of i just put a very small self tapper screw though it to hold the spring i used that came out of one my daughters propellant pencils (don,t tell her, she will be mad)

Please Give any feed back to this build, good or bad or even if you know that i'm just Wrong

Most of this build you can tell is still in my head but i hope this will run my 2xEsc MOA Crawler.
I will report back as i find out if it all works (Or not) as planed.
(I DO HOPE THIS ALL WORKS OR I.M GOING TO BE PISSED)
BritAbrord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

DX6i for an MOA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help setting up spektrum dx6i for a MOA set up gasser55t Electronics 4 02-24-2013 04:41 AM
DX6i MOA Question rcrawler13 Electronics 6 02-29-2012 03:51 AM
How to get rear move reverse before front DUAL ESC DX6i Need a Dx6i mixing Guru toy4crawlin Electronics 6 10-26-2011 11:55 AM
will a dx6i work on a punk dig/moa? rcpro31 Electronics 2 01-19-2011 07:30 PM
DX6i mixing and expo set up for MOA souler Electronics 5 07-27-2010 09:12 PM