Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum Transmitter and Receiver question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #1

Default Spektrum Transmitter and Receiver question

Hey guys...let me start by saying I did use the search button and found some useful information but nothing real specific as to my question(s).

So Im looking to get a new setup and am clueless to the whole Transmitter/Receiver world (Ive only owned and ran stock ones)..
Im looking for a setup for the Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum and to possibly run with my Axial SCX10,Wraith and EXO with more recievers... Im on about a $200 budget for controller and reciever(s). What my concern is I have no Idea about the recievers this comes with or in general.. Im assuming the receivers depend on what you plan on doing with it (4 wheel steering,2 speed trans,operating lights,wench ect..) and the amount of power for servos ect... My Plat Slash-will be stock...EXO-will add lights and may upgrade steering servo..SCX10-will add lights and stronger steering servo..Wraith-lights and stronger steering servo...so with all that in mind will this combo work for me or will I be better off buying the recievers seperatly to get the ones that more suit my needs? Hope that all makes sence,lol. Thanks for any help

Spektrum SPM3140 DX3S 3-Channel DSM Surface Radio with Telemetry SR300/SR3300T

Last edited by IIERIKII; 02-28-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: took out ebay link
IIERIKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
rik
RCC Addict

Default Re: Spektrum Transmitter and Receiver question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIERIKII View Post
Hey guys...let me start by saying I did use the search button and found some useful information but nothing real specific as to my question(s).

So Im looking to get a new setup and am clueless to the whole Transmitter/Receiver world (Ive only owned and ran stock ones)..
Im looking for a setup for the Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum and to possibly run with my Axial SCX10,Wraith and EXO with more recievers... Im on about a $200 budget for controller and reciever(s). What my concern is I have no Idea about the recievers this comes with or in general.. Im assuming the receivers depend on what you plan on doing with it (4 wheel steering,2 speed trans,operating lights,wench ect..) and the amount of power for servos ect... My Plat Slash-will be stock...EXO-will add lights and may upgrade steering servo..SCX10-will add lights and stronger steering servo..Wraith-lights and stronger steering servo...so with all that in mind will this combo work for me or will I be better off buying the recievers seperatly to get the ones that more suit my needs? Hope that all makes sence,lol. Thanks for any help
what you listed, a 3 channel rx will work just fine. if you want to actually control your lights (turn them on/off) you will need a light controller. the 3rd channel will not do this. all you can do is plug your lights into the rx and they will be on when the rig is on. there are vendors on here who sell these controllers. tho, im not sure what "Combo" you are referring to. i know spektrum does the "buy this tx/rx/ and get a free rx " deal every once in a while. however, if you plan on upgrading your steering servos (and assuming your using stock one and NO bec) you WILL need to purchase bec's. yes you need them.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #3

Default Re: Spektrum Transmitter and Receiver question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
what you listed, a 3 channel rx will work just fine. if you want to actually control your lights (turn them on/off) you will need a light controller. the 3rd channel will not do this. all you can do is plug your lights into the rx and they will be on when the rig is on. there are vendors on here who sell these controllers. tho, im not sure what "Combo" you are referring to. i know spektrum does the "buy this tx/rx/ and get a free rx " deal every once in a while. however, if you plan on upgrading your steering servos (and assuming your using stock one and NO bec) you WILL need to purchase bec's. yes you need them.
Ok...thanks for the info Rik!
IIERIKII is offline   Reply With Quote

Spektrum Transmitter and Receiver question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmitter & receiver question Churb Newbie General 7 02-08-2013 01:32 PM
Transmitter/receiver Question shamus9909 Electronics 9 04-29-2012 04:24 PM
Spektrum Receiver question Just Zach Electronics 10 04-23-2007 07:46 AM