Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: need help geting the right motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: need help geting the right motor

Been using a 13.5 turn Novak motor for 2 years with a castle creations Momba max pro. It's in my axial scale truck w/1.9 tsl pro line tires. It's a honcho rig. Have done zero maintanance on the motor thus far. I will disassemble the motor real soon (the next few days) to refresh and lube. This motor for a scale truck or a brasher is great. I don't use it in water though! It is for scale comps. It really takes a beating and has lots of torque. It doesn't blow parts apart either. My truck is well built and pretty stout .But , i check out my truck for maintanance before its an issue. Im thinking about the tekin 3100 bl sensored motor but the cost of 140.00 is a turn off and I'd like to see on running before I'd pull the plug? Anybody?????? Pics??

Last edited by im gunna crawl; 03-09-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by im gunna crawl View Post
Been using a 13.5 turn Novak motor for 2 years with a castle creations Momba max pro. It's in my axial scale truck w/1.9 tsl pro line tires. It's a honcho rig. Have done zero maintanance on the motor thus far. I will disassemble the motor real soon (the next few days) to refresh and lube. This motor for a scale truck or a brasher is great. I don't use it in water though! It is for scale comps. It really takes a beating and has lots of torque. It doesn't blow parts apart either. My truck is well built and pretty stout .But , i check out my truck for maintanance before its an issue. Im thinking about the tekin 3100 bl sensored motor but the cost of 140.00 is a turn off and I'd like to see on running before I'd pull the plug? Anybody?????? Pics??
3000kv on 3a geared 11/56 32p, is well over 35mph in my wraith!
rcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Guys thanks for all the input it is truly helpfull. I went to the LHS yesterday and had $ in my pocket but I didn't buy anything cuz I was really unsure. The salesman was not a fan of Castle (everyone has there reasons) so I didn't even look at those really. He had a Tekin FS or FX setup with 12.5 turn (I think) that was a set sold together. Then he had a LRP esc (i have never heard of them before) he said he's run them for years (they are German) he spoke highly of them. then he had a Tekin 7.5 brushless I could use with that. All the # had my head spinning so I didn't do anything. He was kinda trying to sell me a Traxxas (Velinion?) set up 3000kv but I just couldn't do that either, waterproof is the only + there. I just don't know what to do, HELP!!!!
Anyways my Holmes is getting waterproofed and re worked so soon I'll be up and running again.
04zrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Buy the combo, and you can send the combo in to be waterproofed by john, waterproof snsored mode is ultimate power!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmedic View Post
Buy the combo, and you can send the combo in to be waterproofed by john, waterproof snsored mode is ultimate power!
I didn't think of that.

Question about brushless: do all brushless set ups have a delay between forward and reverse? My brushed I can instantly change directions.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

LRP has been around longer than many companies....they are well built units with numerous national and world titles to their credit in the racing arena. The problem with the speedos is the size and the not very crawler friendly software compared to castle or tekin, so you don't see them often in the crawling side.... In a wraith though, should be just fine...

The delay is common in many speedos, but you can often turn it off.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04zrx View Post
I didn't think of that.

Question about brushless: do all brushless set ups have a delay between forward and reverse? My brushed I can instantly change directions.
The rs pro can be set to instant reverse, but be smart, buy a mamba max pro and the pro 4 or the tekin redline, the only tekin esc's I trust are the fxr's and the rx8's i hate the rs's the only reason i own one is i got it for christmas,and i ran it in my boat where the amperage doesnt really matter
Old 03-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

thanks, I'll see..... that's another $300 I need to think about this.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Thats what happens when you start talking about brushless power!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

yup sure does ....then the broken parts, but I bet it's worth it!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

All i had to upgrade was driveshafts, tranny gears, and 32p gears. Get the mip shafts made for the ax10 and get traxxas part # 5145. That makes you drveshafts bullet proof, and then get the Robinsons Racing Idiler, and the ONE peice bottom gear, you won't regret the bottom peice. Traxxas jato 56tooth 32pitch spur, and the 32pitch pinion ypu choose. Thats the only things i've done and it's help up to 4s power all day!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

thanks man I do appreciate all the advice you have given me. I have upgraded the front axles with cv axles and I bought aluminum knuckles, no chubs yet tho. Waiting till they brake.

need help geting the right motor - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help on geting wheels corvair wally Tires and Wheels 3 01-18-2011 08:42 PM
Geting new... radio,esc,motor,dig,tires,lipo,shocks greenjeeper92 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 12-24-2009 03:02 PM
Geting a highlift and have a question bvitale General Crawlers 0 02-24-2008 03:36 PM