Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: fly sky gtb3 for redcat rs10xt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default fly sky gtb3 for redcat rs10xt

My question to you guys is can you use the rear steer with this radio? I want to upgrade to 2.4 ghz. For a low cost. I see good reviews for this system but not for this truck. Thanks in advance for your input.
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: fly sky gtb3 for redcat rs10xt

Is this a stock GT3B or a hacked one?

Hacked will do it, I believe a stock one will, but I'm not sure.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I haven't bought one yet and don't know about the hack. What are the benefits to a hacked one?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #4

I would just save up and buy a spectrum radio, the flysky radios are cheap in price but you get what you pay for. I work at a hobby store (sheldons hobbies) and sell these daily, people see the price but always seem to over look how cheap these radios are + flysky doesnt even take back broken products shows how much they care. I'll admit i bought and owned one for 2-3 days, my experience was bad, broken out of the box with it only saving on channels 3 4 6 8 also having problems with the steering. Day 4 bought a DX4s haven't had a signal problem and outperforms the flysky radios on there best day with out even trying. Its up to you im sure many of people have had nothing but good things to say about them but im just telling you my experience.
Clod Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clod Killer View Post
I would just save up and buy a spectrum radio, the flysky radios are cheap in price but you get what you pay for. I work at a hobby store (sheldons hobbies) and sell these daily, people see the price but always seem to over look how cheap these radios are + flysky doesnt even take back broken products shows how much they care. I'll admit i bought and owned one for 2-3 days, my experience was bad, broken out of the box with it only saving on channels 3 4 6 8 also having problems with the steering. Day 4 bought a DX4s haven't had a signal problem and outperforms the flysky radios on there best day with out even trying. Its up to you im sure many of people have had nothing but good things to say about them but im just telling you my experience.
I'm guessing you didn't hack it....
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the input Clod Killer. I started research on hacked prices and to have one with the max. stuff option it's going to be like $80-$100 shiped. about the same price as so many others. I'm getting a twin hammers for my b-day so I'll see how good the spectrum system is. The thing is it's for my son so we can crawl together.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I'm guessing you didn't hack it....
Why would I? I dont buy stuff new just to have to buy more stuff so it works.
riskyjedi for your son its more then enough but once you use the spektrum you wont like the flysky, the spektrum radios are so comfortable to hold and use that it puts the flysky stuff to shame.
Clod Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
riskyjedi for your son its more then enough but once you use the spektrum you wont like the flysky, the spektrum radios are so comfortable to hold and use that it puts the flysky stuff to shame.
Well a hacked fly sky to a dx4s. About $110 compared to $230. Up to 8ch compared to 4ch. A bunch options and programming, fly sky looks pretty good to me.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have both systems, as a matter of fact i also own futabas and hitec radios as well, i now own 3 gt3b radios and have also hacked them, i can tell you from my experience that the flysky radio havenīt given me any troubles , once hacked i have been able to do rear steer, dig, winch, led light turn on and off, etc, as for the spektrum sytems , i'll give you they are lighter and their finish is maybe a little better, but for the price difference i would take the flysky radio anytime.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Lol
theonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
Why would I?
With hack, its the bee's knee's and whoops on other radios functionality wise...it does lack alittle in the latency department and ergonomics.

Never in a million years you'd catch me running a spektrum over one of my flyskys...YOU may catch me running a 4pks or MT4 but i can't think of any good reason why off the top of my head, they're just a good solid radio...the 4pl is a good radio too, but i'd never run one over a hacked flysky.

Spektrum is on the same level as flysky with a bloated price imo...they got alittle better feel than the 3b, but the 3c is pretty comfortable. The spektrum software is better than the stock flysky software, but still severely limited and after you flash the flyskys with a new firmware, it puts the spektrum to shame in the functionality department.

I haven't talked to a single person who prefers their spektrum over a properly setup hacked flysky, i've talked to a fair number of people who bought a hacked flysky for their kids and ended up selling their 4pl, 3r, or other radio and bought themselves a flysky. I've yet to find someone give up their 4pks for a flysky but i've talked to people who run the 4pks for their comp stuff and go fast stuff but run the flysky on their scale stuff (and need more than 4 channels)

IMO, a hacked flysky is the best bang for the buck and unless your a pro driver, only benefit you'll get out of a higher end radio is the extra bling. Over the past two years i've sold over 400 hack kits and probably around 100 pre hacked radios...and to the best of my knowledge, there's only afew people who were't happy with the hack, and their issue was thinking that radio is dummy proof programming wise. I'm not saying its the best, as its still low grade hardware, but its a radio that costs less than a 100 bucks (hacked) and is packed with features.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
Got Worms?

Quote:
I dont buy stuff new just to have to buy more stuff so it works.
So you buy rtr's and never upgrade them?

Also you can buy a pre-hacked unit from Home - OverkillRC ..............

Quote:
once you use the spektrum you wont like the flysky,
Um, i've used dx3e's, dx3s'a, and dx3r's...i'll stick with my GT3C, they do feel better than the gt3b, but not much imo.

and don't call me bias towards flysky's, as i used to sell modded spektrum units too.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Wow that is modded. Wouldn't have been too cheap either. Gt3c ftw.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #14
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
Wow that is modded. Wouldn't have been too cheap either. Gt3c ftw.
I actually did those pretty cheap...but it was more for the learning experience. The first pic, was a radio build just to prove i could fit flysky stick controller parts into it...it was TIGHT and alot of modding and cutting. The bottom two pics is a radio i did for del monte when he was still with Horizon Hobby. I took two dx3e's and smashed em into one radio. That was alot of work and i don't know if i could do it again.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I do kinda need it to be idiot proof. It's for my 4 year old son and the stock am transmitter has one button to change the sterring. and i only need 3 channels. I do tend to leave my rtrs unmodified because I buy it for what it is. I do respect all that replied to my question. Thanks for all of your advice.

fly sky gtb3 for redcat rs10xt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Coming Soon! Fly-Sky IT 4 TX BentMetaL Axial Wraith 4 01-26-2013 03:49 PM
Fly Sky FS-GT3B 2006Shelby Electronics 9 01-16-2012 10:41 AM