RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   lots of glitching. need some fast help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/435407-lots-glitching-need-some-fast-help.html)

m1009cucv 03-20-2013 10:26 AM

lots of glitching. need some fast help

i have a scx 10 ae 2 esc, hs-645 steering servo, small traxxes servo for shifting and a old traxxas 27mhz 3 channel radio.. wires are all over.. still trying to get it all to work right then i will put wires into place.. had a hard time calibrating the esc to the radio.. finally got it or so i thought.. put it on the floor go a few feet. things glitching like crazy.. any ideas??

need this done soon. this is my cousins birthday gift. need to be there in a few hours. nothing like waiting to the last minute..:roll: thanks

Phins Fan 03-20-2013 11:18 AM

Re: lots of glitching. need some fast help

Running a 27mhz system is the first issue. The old am/fm radios are well known for picking up sporatic signals and causing crazy glitching. A cheap investment in a 2.4 would be my first suggestion. Also look at all the wires themselves and check for broken casings and frayed areas that may "ground out" against other metal components and cause the glitching issues you speak of. I have also noticed that when I run my AE-2 it will glitch like crazy in NIMH batteries but function fine with a 2S lipo. A couple ideas anyway. Good luck. If it ends up bieng a radio issue I have a couple spares for sale if you search my name in the for sale section.

lilpanther 03-20-2013 11:23 AM

Could it be your servo making it glitch? I know my mmp loves to glitch with most servos, but I don't know about the ae 2.

Charlie-III 03-20-2013 11:37 AM

Is this with the motor running? If so, do you have motor caps installed (a MUST HAVE for AM/FM radios).

Did you try with both servos disconnected? A bad one can cause glitches.

Since it's not 2.4ghz, keep antenna & servo wires away from the ESC & pack wires.
Also, is the antenna stretched out, or wadded up? It should be mostly out and away from the ESC.

Sometimes having the motor & battery wires with a few twists on the free length (vs. straight runs) can reduce RFI/glitching.

m1009cucv 03-20-2013 12:46 PM

Ok well the motor is a sealed bell. he will go in mud and water im sure. i went for the radio since it was 15 bucks.. i have the esc and receiver right next to each other on top of the tranny with a plate i made.. esc and receiver about 1" from the motor.. not sure where to even start

m1009cucv 03-20-2013 12:46 PM

maybe i should move the esc and receiver to the back of the chassis

TrickyRicky 03-20-2013 01:23 PM

If it is ok till you drive away it is probably a broken antenna wire. You really should get a 2.4 radio"thumbsup"

m1009cucv 03-20-2013 02:27 PM

yeah found a tqi 3 channel.. 50 bucks tho. im out of time i need this done. antenna is good.. disconnected the servos.. still glitching. antenna stretched is out. motor is a axial 55turn. just realized no motor caps. ok ill try twisting the wires thanks

Charlie-III 03-20-2013 02:32 PM

No motor caps is likely the major issue.

Why not use one of your spare GT3B's??

m1009cucv 03-20-2013 02:36 PM

dont have any left.. ok so i need caps.. its a closed end bell motor. would they be soldered the same way?

Charlie-III 03-20-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1009cucv (Post 4238126)
dont have any left.. ok so i need caps.. its a closed end bell motor. would they be soldered the same way?

Yes, caps on a brushed motor are caps, no matter if sealed or rebuildable.

You have questions, you have my cell #.

m1009cucv 03-20-2013 03:40 PM

ok got it thanks