Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4pk parts? PS1 going bad..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Futaba 4pk parts? PS1 going bad..

Just like the title says, anyone know where you can purchase Futaba parts for the 4pk by chance. Here is my problem, I use PS1, the push button closest to the steering wheel, as my front dig button.
Over time, and I am sure thousands of digs, the button is getting a little touchy. Some times a light tap activates dig, some times you really have to push it. It hasn't become a big problem, but am thinking I want to replace the button before it becomes a problem.

I am betting I am going to have to replace the entire wheel sensor/dtswitches/Ps1.. $$$$$$$

So I might have to take it apart and try to come up with something myself, but I figured I should ask..

But if anyone knows where I can buy parts or can find the part numbers, it would be a great bit of info to have.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Futaba 4pk parts? PS1 going bad..

I want to know too !! just sent mine to Futaba service center..I will keep you posted on the result.. on mine the micro switch gave up !!

Hoping they will just replace the switch ...
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

For both of you, Harley is the best bet on this forum. Either he can help, or, make suggestions.

If others have done "home brew" repairs, they will chime in as well.

Just saying as he is the "Futaba God" here.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If it eases your concerns, I have dealt with Futaba's repair center and found them to be awesome. I sent in a 4PL that was glitching (definitely the radio not other gear). They replaced it no questions. Got a brand new one. It was in warranty though. I can't comment on out of warranty repairs
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Made a call to Futaba. After being on hold for a little bit, they took very good care of me.
They are sending out a replacement switch, just the switch, at no charge. Just have to dissassemble the wheel housing and swap in the new switch..

I do like it when suppliers take care of their customers.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
I want to know too !! just sent mine to Futaba service center..I will keep you posted on the result.. on mine the micro switch gave up !!

Hoping they will just replace the switch ...
let us know what happens. My 4pk buttons are getting a little sticky, I would not mind it being cleaned and any issues taken care of. I wonder if they will remove the wrap or do we need to take it off before it gets sent in.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Just a quick update, I received the parts from Futaba. FAIL. They sent the wrong switch. I think it is the one that goes in for the button on the grip, not the one on the wheel assembly.

I pulled everything apart and figured out what the problem was.
There is a single plastic finger that the button uses for support and to pull the button back.
After using a small file to clearance everything a little bit, I glued in a piece of fuel tubing, to increase the pressure the finger exerts on the button.
Makes it a little harder to engage the dig, but when you do it, it works EVERY time now.

Bottom line, there was a LOT of dirt in the controller. I used some canned air and a brush to clean all the dust and dirt out. Once I did, it seemed to function a lot better.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
let us know what happens. My 4pk buttons are getting a little sticky, I would not mind it being cleaned and any issues taken care of. I wonder if they will remove the wrap or do we need to take it off before it gets sent in.
From talking to the service guy's at Futaba, they would like it if you remove the wrap before it is sent in for repair. They don't like dealing with unhappy customers with wraps missing panels from repairs.

Rob
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

You can always just cut the wrap/skin where the case comes apart. I have torn into my 4PK several times to replace parts and have never removed the skin.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
You can always just cut the wrap/skin where the case comes apart. I have torn into my 4PK several times to replace parts and have never removed the skin.
Yes that works too

Rob
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote

Futaba 4pk parts? PS1 going bad.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4PK ps1 preset problem ManxCrawler Axial XR10 2 02-05-2012 06:57 PM